• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

US District Court - Seattle Gun check in?

krazichinaman

imported post

I have to go to the US district(Federal) court in Seattle tomorrow and was wondering if they had the check in boxes? I recall that it was required that courts (On the state level) had check in boxes for firearms but wanted to make sure that applied to the Federal Level as well.

The more I look, I see people talking about the local state level having boxes. Does the US District court not allow them since it is a Federal Building?

Regards,
Brian

TechnoWeenie

imported post

US district=federal court

Federal court DOES NOT have to abide by state restrictions.

DO NOT bring your gun.

ak56

Campaign Veteran
imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
US district=federal court

Federal court DOES NOT have to abide by state restrictions.

DO NOT bring your gun.
+1
Not only don't they have to abide by state restrictions, the moment you enter with a gun you are in violation of federal law.

TechnoWeenie wrote:
DO NOT bring your gun.

Thought that bears repeating.

massivedesign

imported post

A quick phone call could also solve the problem. You never know, they may have just a place for firearms, and not the evidence locker during your arraignment...

joeroket

imported post

massivedesign wrote:
A quick phone call could also solve the problem.  You never know, they may have just a place for firearms, and not the evidence locker during your arraignment...

Since it is illegal to enter the building with a firearm I would wager that they do not have any place to store them while visiting.

kparker

imported post

Since it is illegal to enter the building with a firearm I would wager that they do not have any place to store them while visiting.

Actually I think they do have storage for LE (and I don't think it's illegal for LE to enter the building armed if they're on official duty.)

Aaron1124

imported post

kparker wrote:

Actually I think they do have storage for LE (and I don't think it's illegal for LE to enter the building armed if they're on official duty.)
Police officers on duty can carry in any federal building.

joeroket

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
kparker wrote:

We are not talking about LEO in this thread.

Aaron1124

imported post

joeroket wrote:
Aaron1124 wrote:
kparker wrote:

We are not talking about LEO in this thread.
My statement was in response to Kparker.