Thread: The Right to Keep and Bear Arms

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar

Post imported post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQ34JTqk0I

In the ashes burns an ember of liberty, We are the fuel to ignite the ember into a flame of liberty.

The embodiment of our founding fathers will not be found in one man , But in Many.

****** give it away ( Our rights ) prostitutes sell it (Mandated training).

Banned

Post imported post

Nice post, very interesting that again, as usual there is no participation by a Wisconsin Representative.

I still say we should just fire them all and start from scratch.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Great read.

Post imported post

I printed and distributed a few coppies.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Post imported post

So, one more nutjob is exposed and will be housed in prison on the taxpayer's dime... 1 more life lost and another paralyzed for life... Hooray, open carry...

:celebrate

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/9...age=2#comments

Shooting suspect was strident in support of open carry efforts
    By Bruce Vielmetti of the Journal Sentinel
    Posted: May 17, 2010 |(60) COMMENTS

enlarge photo

Jesus C. Gonzalez
    A prominent gun rights advocate charged in a May 9 homicide seemed impatient with others in the so-called open carry movement when he announced his intentions on a message board two years ago.

"I've noticed that there seems to be no one in Milwaukee willing to get OC (open carry) started, but I was never one to wait for others," wrote Jesus C. Gonzalez, using the screen name Parabellum, from the Latin phrase that means, "If you seek peace, prepare for war."

Last week, authorities charged Gonzalez, 23, with first-degree intentional homicide for the death of Danny John, 29, and attempted first-degree intentional homicide of Jered Corn, 21, who was left paralyzed from the chest down.

Gonzalez called 911 right after the shooting to report he had fired at two men who had tried to assault him when he went to move his car about 12:15 a.m. The men were leaving Mamie's tavern on National Ave. and headed down Shea Ave. where they encountered Gonzalez, who lives two doors from the tavern on Shea. Police recovered seven empty cartridges from the scene, about 145 feet from Gonzalez's house.

Gonzalez had filed a federal civil rights lawsuit last year over his arrests in 2008 and 2009 for wearing a loaded handgun into a Menards and a Wal-Mart. Neither disorderly conduct arrest led to formal charges, and a week after his suit was filed, state Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen advised law enforcement agencies that wearing a gun in public, by itself, is not evidence of disorderly conduct. Gonzalez's case was being followed by gun rights advocates around the region. He was being represented by a Georgia attorney who specializes in gun rights cases.

A judge dismissed Gonzalez's civil lawsuit two days before he was charged in the shootings.

As part of that suit, he was interviewed under oath in September, and partial transcripts of the deposition reveal a little more about Gonzalez's interest in Second Amendment rights.

While he said he had no formal training in firearms or the law, he sparred repeatedly with Remzy Bitar, an attorney for the two cities named in the lawsuit, and showed a detailed knowledge of statutes and case law relating to gun possession, even citing oral arguments from notable cases.

Bitar asked many questions about comments Gonzalez posted on OpenCarry.org, an Internet forum for discussions about gun laws and rights. Gonzalez also recounted in detail his store visits that led to arrests in West Milwaukee and Chilton and became the subject of his federal lawsuit.

After the shootings, police served a search warrant at Gonzalez's home and seized three additional handguns, three rifles, a shotgun and about 1,300 rounds of ammunition. They also seized correspondence that appeared to be related to his civil lawsuit, a hunter safety certificate and receipts for the purchase of some of the weapons, including the 9mm handgun police say was used against John and Corn.

Gonzalez, who is being held on $100,000 bail, has no prior criminal record. His attorney, Nelida Cortes, did not return messages seeking comment.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar

Post imported post

KillemAll wrote:
    So, one more nutjob is exposed and will be housed in prison on the taxpayer's dime... 1 more life lost and another paralyzed for life... Hooray, open carry...
    Figures we'd get some nutjobs like ^this poster around here after the news. There is one thing I'd like all you emotionally charged anti's to know.

Innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

If he's innocent and used his firearm in self-defense have fun eating your words

If he's guilty we will be the first to denounce his acts.

Don't come on here spouting unless you have something useful to say.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Banned

Post imported post

It was only a matter of time before the LEO Trolls appeared.

Funny part of it is he is calling Gonzalez a nut job, but look at the OP's username.

KILLEMALL! now that is a nut job.

McX

Post imported post

silence is golden.

Post imported post

Me too.

McX

Post imported post

i believe the screen name killemall constitutes an offensive statement that is obviously derrogotory to this organization's priniciples, and i ask the moderator to request the poster change their screen name, or withdraw from the forum, any seconds?

Banned

Post imported post

McX wrote:
    i believe the screen name killemall constitutes an offensive statement that is obviously derrogotory to this organization's priniciples, and i ask the moderator to request the poster change their screen name, or withdraw from the forum, any seconds?
    Aye!

Post imported post

McX wrote:
    I Agree. Very poor choice for a screen name. I don't think we want this one.

Post imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
    McX wrote:
    Aye!
    YES! +1
    "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
    Second Amendment to the United States Constitution

McX

Post imported post

sorry guys, we were talking, and..............i was reading, and there it was. i pasted and copied it and everything;
    The Senate in the process indicated its intent that the right be an individual one, for private purposes,