Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OC Friendly Theaters

Post imported post

So, I was wanting to go see Iron Man 2 with my brother tonight. I know AMC is out but are there any theaters in the springs area that are OC friendly? Is the Imax theater OC friendly?

Thanks in advance,
    Zack.

Post imported post

ZackL wrote:
    So, I was wanting to go see Iron Man 2 with my brother tonight. I know AMC is out but are there any theaters in the springs area that are OC friendly? Is the Imax theater OC friendly?

Thanks in advance,
    Zack.
    Bro you should check out the 88 Drive In Theater. You can obviously certainly carry your pistol with your in your vehicle, concealed. Pull up and watch the flick with your car stereo for sound. Iron Man 2 plays tonight http://www.88drivein.com/

Post imported post

I'll definitely think about it; the only issue is that it's about a 2.5 hour drive from me.

Post imported post

yeah screw that then

Post imported post

Well, it's not out of the question. Just not a first choice if I can find something closer.

Post imported post

If you have your CCW, just go in with your handgun concealed. I have done this at AMC with no problems.

This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future! ~Adolph Hitler, 1935, on The Weapons Act of Nazi Germany

Post imported post

No CCW yet, unfortunately.

Post imported post

i dont know ahead of time if the business i am about to OC in is friendly or not. i dont wave my hip around in the employees faces, but i dont try to over compensate and hide either. i just assume i can OC anywhere until i am told otherwise.

that being said, if you do OC at a theater on a weekend night, be prepared for a LEO encounter. they hang out there quite a bit. at least in the springs they do.

Post imported post

I heard from a CC friend of mine that the Carefree/Powers theater doesn't like guns, but the new (really far north and just off I-25) Colorado Springs theater is cool.

Post imported post

My thinking here would be--- If the entry is posted, your out. ---If it's not, your in. --- Until or unless your asked / told not to. I'd test those waters, in respect to a movie theater without any fear of arrest. Worst case, I go back to the car and put my weapon away or I choose not to patronize that establishment.

That AMC has a policy on their web site means DIDDILY with respect to the law. They have to post it to keep me from innocently walking into the building while OCing

Just that simple - IMHO. Other thoughts???

That said, I'm probably not GOING to test waters I know to be unfriendly.

Post imported post

CRCowboy wrote:
    My thinking here would be--- If the entry is posted, your out. ---If it's not, your in. --- Until or unless your asked / told not to.** I'd test those waters, in respect to a movie theater without any fear of arrest.* Worst case, I go back to the car and put my weapon away or I choose not to patronize that establishment.

That AMC has a policy on their web site means DIDDILY with respect to the law.****** They have to post it to keep me from innocently walking into the building while OCing

Just that simple - IMHO.** Other thoughts???
    thats pretty much my approach

Post imported post

ooghost1oo wrote:
    I heard from a CC friend of mine that the Carefree/Powers theater doesn't like guns, but the new (really far north and just off I-25) Colorado Springs theater is cool.
    Yeah. The thing is, Cinemark has a nationwide policy that prohibits firearms. So while you might've not been talked to once, that doesn't mean that someone won't stop you for it. I open carried 3 separate times at the Carefree/Powers location before someone finally said something to me about it because I didn't know about the policy cause the no firearms sign is not really that noticeable.

Post imported post

Just another reason why I dropped the $100 for surround sound for my basement home theater.

Post imported post

mahkagari wrote:
    Just another reason why I dropped the $100 for surround sound for my basement home theater.
    lmao @ $100. I paid over $100 Per Speaker.

Post imported post

Sounds like I oughta be the one laughing then! :P I also have no interest in buying a big flat screen thingamajigger. May replace the projector off Craigslist for a couple hundred, though.

Post imported post

mahkagari wrote:
    Sounds like I oughta be the one laughing then! :P I also have no interest in buying a big flat screen thingamajigger. May replace the projector off Craigslist for a couple hundred, though.
    Yup I would certainly be laughing if I were you! Better than crying..

Post imported post

$100 for a sound system? Well, you get what you pay for.

Post imported post

cscitney87 wrote:
    Yep. I'll be laughing all the way to the safety deposit box with the cash and ammo I got from not spending it on big speakers.

Ian wrote:
    Well, it's more than I paid for the digital projector (got it free hand-me-down). I can still hear Keiko screaming in "The Big Hit" perfectlyfine.

Post imported post

mahkagari wrote:
    cscitney87 wrote:
    Yep. I'll be laughing all the way to the safety deposit box with the cash and ammo I got from not spending it on big speakers.

Ian wrote:
    Well, it's more than I paid for the digital projector (got it free hand-me-down). I can still hear Keiko screaming in "The Big Hit" perfectlyfine.
    Oh you mean THIS Safe Deposit Box?

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH COMPASS BANK

Please. Here is the actual proof. Not hear say. I have never been a customer at Compass Bank nor never been an employee. I am just looking out for you and your security.
    [line]
    "Examiners found that Compass Bank distributed to dealerships various forms of “rate sheets” that instructed
    dealers to price loans to unmarried (“non-spousal”) co-applicants at higher rates than loans to married (“spousal”) co-applicants
    . In the case of Compass Bank’s low-documentation approval
    program, some rate sheets instructed dealers to prevent non-spousal co-applicants from applying altogether. "

http://www.justice.gov/crt/housing/d...ompasscomp.pdf

IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT

FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF ALABAMA

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, :
    :
    Plaintiff, :
    : Civil Action No. 07-H-0102-S
    v. :
    :
    COMPASS BANK, :
    :
    Defendant. :
    COMPLAINT
    Plaintiff, United States of America alleges:
    1. The United States brings this action to enforce provisions of the Equal Credit
    Opportunity Act, 15 U.S.C. §§ 1691-1691f (“ECOA”), and its implementing regulations located
    at 12 C.F.R. Part 202 (“Regulation B”).

Yeah that's already been debunked. Compass Bank pfft

Post imported post

Yeah.... Didn't seewhatpreferential lending practices have to do with anything...

Post imported post

mahkagari wrote:
    Yeah.... Didn't seewhatpreferential lending practices have to do with anything...
    Oh yeah getting SUED in Court by the government doesn't have anything to do with giving them your business and worldly possessions to hold on to in case of emergency.

Compass Bank safety deposit box. Debunked. But hey you know how to make ALLL the right decisions. Sorry man we try to help but you get defensive. $100 sound system is ____. So is a Compass Bank safe deposit box. There.. I said it. But I tried politely the first time.

Post imported post

Goodness, what would I do without you to tell me these things? Silly me, I'll rush right out and spend extra money on a fancy TV instead of reloading equipment. I'll get so much more use out of the extra fidelity. And what's this I have in my emergency stores? Ah! Troll kibble! Here you go. Who's a good, troll? Who's a good troll?

Post imported post

I am I am!

Post imported post

Ian wrote:
    Right. I would think when one's audio/visual costs 100 times the price of a ticket, one would tend not to frequent theaters and would instead take advantage of capitalizing one's expenditure over as many movies as possible... Especially when RedBox is just $1.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Post imported post

since9 wrote:
    Ian wrote:
    Right. I would think when one's audio/visual costs 100 times the price of a ticket, one would tend not to frequent theaters and would instead take advantage of capitalizing one's expenditure over as many movies as possible... Especially when RedBox is just $1.
    My comment was in regards to a $100 sound system most likely being a piece of crap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast