• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Friendly Theaters

ZackL

imported post

So, I was wanting to go see Iron Man 2 with my brother tonight. I know AMC is out but are there any theaters in the springs area that are OC friendly? Is the Imax theater OC friendly?

Thanks in advance,
Zack.

cscitney87

imported post

ZackL wrote:
So, I was wanting to go see Iron Man 2 with my brother tonight. I know AMC is out but are there any theaters in the springs area that are OC friendly? Is the Imax theater OC friendly?

Thanks in advance,
Zack.
Bro you should check out the 88 Drive In Theater. You can obviously certainly carry your pistol with your in your vehicle, concealed. Pull up and watch the flick with your car stereo for sound. Iron Man 2 plays tonight http://www.88drivein.com/

ZackL

imported post

I'll definitely think about it; the only issue is that it's about a 2.5 hour drive from me.

ZackL

imported post

Well, it's not out of the question. Just not a first choice if I can find something closer.

bomber

imported post

i dont know ahead of time if the business i am about to OC in is friendly or not. i dont wave my hip around in the employees faces, but i dont try to over compensate and hide either. i just assume i can OC anywhere until i am told otherwise.

that being said, if you do OC at a theater on a weekend night, be prepared for a LEO encounter. they hang out there quite a bit. at least in the springs they do.

ooghost1oo

imported post

I heard from a CC friend of mine that the Carefree/Powers theater doesn't like guns, but the new (really far north and just off I-25) Colorado Springs theater is cool.

CRCowboy

imported post

My thinking here would be--- If the entry is posted, your out. ---If it's not, your in. --- Until or unless your asked / told not to. I'd test those waters, in respect to a movie theater without any fear of arrest. Worst case, I go back to the car and put my weapon away or I choose not to patronize that establishment.

That AMC has a policy on their web site means DIDDILY with respect to the law. They have to post it to keep me from innocently walking into the building while OCing

Just that simple - IMHO. Other thoughts???

That said, I'm probably not GOING to test waters I know to be unfriendly.

bomber

imported post

CRCowboy wrote:
My thinking here would be--- If the entry is posted, your out. ---If it's not, your in. --- Until or unless your asked / told not to.   I'd test those waters, in respect to a movie theater without any fear of arrest.  Worst case, I go back to the car and put my weapon away or I choose not to patronize that establishment.

That AMC has a policy on their web site means DIDDILY with respect to the law.       They have to post it to keep me from innocently walking into the building while OCing

Just that simple - IMHO.   Other thoughts???

thats pretty much my approach

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

ooghost1oo wrote:
I heard from a CC friend of mine that the Carefree/Powers theater doesn't like guns, but the new (really far north and just off I-25) Colorado Springs theater is cool.
Yeah. The thing is, Cinemark has a nationwide policy that prohibits firearms. So while you might've not been talked to once, that doesn't mean that someone won't stop you for it. I open carried 3 separate times at the Carefree/Powers location before someone finally said something to me about it because I didn't know about the policy cause the no firearms sign is not really that noticeable.

mahkagari

imported post

Just another reason why I dropped the $100 for surround sound for my basement home theater.

mahkagari

imported post

Sounds like I oughta be the one laughing then! :p I also have no interest in buying a big flat screen thingamajigger. May replace the projector off Craigslist for a couple hundred, though.

cscitney87

imported post

mahkagari wrote:
Sounds like I oughta be the one laughing then! :p I also have no interest in buying a big flat screen thingamajigger. May replace the projector off Craigslist for a couple hundred, though.
Yup I would certainly be laughing if I were you! Better than crying..

mahkagari

imported post

cscitney87 wrote:
Yep. I'll be laughing all the way to the safety deposit box with the cash and ammo I got from not spending it on big speakers.

Ian wrote:
$100 for a sound system? Well, you get what you pay for.
Well, it's more than I paid for the digital projector (got it free hand-me-down). I can still hear Keiko screaming in "The Big Hit" perfectlyfine.

cscitney87

imported post

mahkagari wrote:
cscitney87 wrote:
Yep. I'll be laughing all the way to the safety deposit box with the cash and ammo I got from not spending it on big speakers.

Ian wrote:
$100 for a sound system? Well, you get what you pay for.
Well, it's more than I paid for the digital projector (got it free hand-me-down). I can still hear Keiko screaming in "The Big Hit" perfectlyfine.
Oh you mean THIS Safe Deposit Box?

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH COMPASS BANK

Please. Here is the actual proof. Not hear say. I have never been a customer at Compass Bank nor never been an employee. I am just looking out for you and your security.
[line]
"Examiners found that Compass Bank distributed to dealerships various forms of “rate sheets” that instructed
dealers to price loans to unmarried (“non-spousal”) co-applicants at higher rates than loans to married (“spousal”) co-applicants
. In the case of Compass Bank’s low-documentation approval
program, some rate sheets instructed dealers to prevent non-spousal co-applicants from applying altogether. "

http://www.justice.gov/crt/housing/documents/compasscomp.pdf

IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT

FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF ALABAMA

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, :
:
Plaintiff, :
: Civil Action No. 07-H-0102-S
v. :
:
COMPASS BANK, :
:
Defendant. :
COMPLAINT
Plaintiff, United States of America alleges:
1. The United States brings this action to enforce provisions of the Equal Credit
Opportunity Act, 15 U.S.C. §§ 1691-1691f (“ECOA”), and its implementing regulations located
at 12 C.F.R. Part 202 (“Regulation B”).

Yeah that's already been debunked. Compass Bank pfft

mahkagari

imported post

Yeah.... Didn't seewhatpreferential lending practices have to do with anything...