• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New PBS news series debuts tonight with story on the open carry movement!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

FROM Today's Open Carry Movement Facebook Group Alert:

Subject: New PBS news series debuts tonight with story on the open carry movement!
Open carriers:

The new PBS news series "Need to Know" debuts tonight with coverage of the open carry movement!

In Fairfax County, VA it's on at 9 PM on Cox cable at channel 26 (WETA).

http://www.facebook.com/l/acdfa;www.weta.org/tv/programsatoz/program/2222:

"The premiere of the public affairs magazine is expected to feature the . . . "open-carry" gun movement . . ."

Sombody please Utube the OC story video!

Carry on!

Mike & John

Broondog

imported post

i wonder if they are going to spin it?

i'll miss it first run but my station (KETC) is re-airing it at 12:30am and again Sunday and Monday at midnight. it should be good for a watch at the least.

mel5051

imported post

DirecTV has blacked it out here in Michigan until the Sunday replay. I've set it to record on that date. BTW don't get hopes up, Bloomberg and Clinton are the featured 'experts'.

Dreamer

imported post

For those of us in NC with Suddenlink, this is on at 11:00pm tonight, on WUNK Greenville and WUNC-HD Chapel Hill.

I've got it DVR'd...

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

During their never-ending begging-for-money Pledge Drives several times a year, PBS constantlyadvertises they are "an alternative to public tv." They're eitherlying or in-denial because in reality,they are just another shameless, progressive/liberal mouthpiece...whetherit be Sesame St. for kids or their adult "news" shows, POVproductions or specials like Ken Burns 'historical' pieces. See all the PCstuff contained therein (much like American history textbooks nowadays -- liberal/PC revisionism).

Consequently, I do not support PBS ($$), never will, nor do I expect anything based in reality from them, let alone anything pro-gun.

-- John D.

c45man

imported post

Well, was very interested until slick willy and bloomy were the featured hosts (propagandists)

How far we have come though. When I got into firearms in '67 and until the mid eighties the second amendment lobby played defense only trying to stop anti-gun ownership laws from passing. Today, we are one of the strongest lobbies in Washington due in part of the internet which organized and galvanized the pro second amendment movement. The very idea of open carry is an afront to the anti-gun movement whose influence in the last number of years has declined very rapidly. If I was anti-gun zealot, I would be very upset with the movement for failing miserably by having 40 states pass shall issue permit laws. Over 70 percent of the country's population live in a shall issue state. Over 5 million permit holders and growing. An anti-gun movement who can't move forward even with a zealot like O'Bama with a Democratic Party controlled congress.

Sorry to ramble, but this old man has seen many changes and we must galvanize our votes in November to keep the momentum .

B

Bikenut

imported post

Just watched it.. up to the point when "Slick Willy" came on...

Absolutely loved the segment where the Prez/founder? of MGO (I missed that bit of who he was) was talking about folks carrying guns on airplanes.. and the interviewer said something shocking (paraphrased) about gun fights on planes being a good thing... and the MGO guy came back with (paraphrased) a gun fight on a plane on 9/11 would have been better than having the plane flown into an office building.

And the interviewer had no response... no come back... nothing at all to say...

And then, later, Bloomberg was disingenuous with talking about how New York has such a low murder rate because strict gun laws do not allow guns in the streets. Even as he spoke the words his body language showed his evasiveness... or so I read it that way.

And, although the program started out with a statement that it would present the issues without the slogans... the slant was definitely ......... left. But then hey, it was PBS after all.

And, considering it was PBS, it wasn't a hit piece.... as much as I expected it to be.

sprat

imported post

Bikenut wrote:

Absolutely loved the segment where the Prez/founder? of MGO (I missed that bit of who he was) was talking about folks carrying guns on airplanes.. and the interviewer said something shocking (paraphrased) about gun fights on planes being a good thing... and the MGO guy came back with (paraphrased) a gun fight on a plane on 9/11 would have been better than having the plane flown into an office building.

And the interviewer had no response... no come back... nothing at all to say...

And then, later, Bloomberg was disingenuous with talking about how New York has such a low murder rate because strict gun laws do not allow guns in the streets. Even as he spoke the words his body language showed his evasiveness... or so I read it that way.

And, although the program started out with a statement that it would present the issues without the slogans... the slant was definitely ......... left. But then hey, it was PBS after all.

And, considering it was PBS, it wasn't a hit piece.... as much as I expected it to be.

great minds think alike,this was my take on the program

sprat

Mas49.56

imported post

Very telling to me how the NRA didn't go to bat for OC on that show. I've sent them thousands over the years and I don't think I'm getting real value for my money anymore.

sraacke

imported post

Bikenut wrote:

That was Larry Pratt, President of Gun Owners of America. The President Clinton segment had nothing to do with the Gun segment. I watched the segment and as other articles and news stories have done in the past, they started out talking about Open Carry then derailed into talking about concealed carry and other gun issues.

Riana

imported post

I didn't think the piece was all that bad, really. I was expecting much more left-slant than I saw, honestly.

DonM2

imported post

Got interrupted when they were talking that some states passed or havelegistion pendingthat if the gun is made in that state, the residents can buy without back ground checks etc. Did I hear that right?

Riana

imported post

DonM2 wrote:
Got interrupted when they were talking that some states passed or havelegistion pendingthat if the gun is made in that state, the residents can buy without back ground checks etc. Did I hear that right?
That was in reference to the Firearms Freedom Acts that several states have enacted. Basically, they're trumping Federal Law - if the State requires the background check, it would still be required. But the Fed check would not be.

GWbiker

imported post

Pretty much fair and balanced until NYC Mayor Bumbleberg gave his anti-gun spin.

Sure wish PBS would travel to Arizona to gather OUR views on Open Carry.....;)

NewZealandAmerican

Greater Salt Lake City Metro area far south suburb
imported post

Mas49.56 wrote:
Very telling to me how the NRA didn't go to bat for OC on that show. I've sent them thousands over the years and I don't think I'm getting real value for my money anymore.
Forget the NRA, they give us token measures in the fight for freedom and gun rights. They're in bed with the BATFE. when you sleep with the mother harlot of whoresyou get diseased! You cannot trust the NRA, yeah they sell you a false bill of goods give you the illusion that they're for the right to bear arms without govt interference whatsoever, but they are not fully true and on our side. If I were to side with any movement for right to bear arms it is right here, we the people on OpenCarry.org and my other choice is http://www.JPFo_Org Don't waste another hard earned federal reserve note on the NRA!

the last gunfighter

imported post

Born and raised in NJ 30 min from NYC still get NY newspapers here in PA. What Mayor Bloomberg said in that segment was him LYING through his teeth. He's been sending his private detectives to other states gun shows to jump their laws and he has been told off by the Governors of those states to mind his own business. And the murder rate in NYC is not at it lowest they did a story in the NY Daily news that it's up and rising fast. :cuss: