• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

XD(m) .45 ACP

YoZUpZ

imported post

How sick would it be if they made a conversion barrel for this for both .40 cal and 9mm... If they do, I'm going to be all over this gun :shock:

45acpForMe

imported post

younggun20 wrote:
Any word yet on capacity?

I specifically noted that capacity was NOT mentioned anywhere. I have been waiting to see what capacity they decide on and then I will decide whether it is worth having.

I waited for the Sig P250, S&W M&P, H&K HK45 only to be disappointed with 10+1. After waiting a while I finally bought a H&K USP 12+1 and a Para Big Hawg 14+1 (with extended mags making it 15+1). The price isn't that bad so if they get at least 13 in the mag I will probably acquire one. If they were able to get 15 (which I doubt) I would definitely get one. :)

hightecrebel

imported post

Michigun wrote:
Its 13+1 capacity:

http://xdguys.com/shoppingcart/Multimedia/45Release.pdf

and the rumor is it uses the same .45 mags as the original XD .45 which would be good news for price and availability. If you check out midwayusa, they are showing the .45 XD magazine as fitting the XDm also. (could be a premature mistake though).
According to the release brochure it uses standard 45 XDmags as well as 45XDm. On a related note, if anyone sees a preview for it any gun mags let me know. I can't flip through any out here in the desert.

Archangel

imported post

As soon as they make an XDm compact in 45ACP I'm ordering one.

Kudos to Springfield for using the same magazines as the regular XD so if you have both you can interchange mags.

Porter N

imported post

open4years wrote:
I like the XD .45 concept. Does anyone know if they will be making a XDm .45 Compact?
Knowing springfield, a compact will come in the next year or so. they'll make money off the full size ffor a year or so first.

Archangel

imported post

open4years wrote:
I like the XD .45 concept. Does anyone know if they will be making a XDm .45 Compact?
Me too and I'll be all over it when it comes out.

I love the XD/m family in particular and the 45 Compact especially. I can't wait.

jayspapa

imported post

I wish they would make an XD to compete with the Glock 36. A single stack .45 sub-compact. I have shot a standard XD with 4 in. bbl. in .40 S&W and liked how it handled and shot.

I have nothing against the Glock firearms , other than they just don't feel right in my hand.

daddy4count

imported post

I agree...

Glock is a great weapon but I was never comfortable with them.

Springfield took all that was great about the Glock and made it better, IMO.

My XD-45 has a thumb safety... like the love child of a 1911 and a Glock

Archangel

imported post

Porter N wrote:
daddy4count wrote:
. like the love child of a 1911 and a Glock
couldn't have said it better myself. pretty damn near perfection, eh?

Uh oh... you used the "perfection" term. The Glock fanboys will be all over you now....

:monkey:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:monkey

Porter N

imported post

I've already publicly spoken my negative opinion of Glocks. I'm all for taking that beating.

recap:
Glocks are amazing guns,
they may outlast all mine,
but i PERSONALLY hate them for
looks
grip angles
the ergonomics in my hands
and several other reasons.

:celebrate

daddy4count

imported post

Perfection is a good word... at least until somebody comes up with something more perfect!

The fanboys can't complain... the XD pretty much is a Glock... but with a few extras

Archangel

imported post

daddy4count wrote:
the XD pretty much is a Glock...
Blasphemy!!

There are a number of design differences actually. Trigger action being one.

The Ultra Safe Assurance trigger is much nicer (my opinion here) than the Safe Action (I call it the "staple gun") trigger pull of a Glock.

The grip angle is WAY different.

XD's have fully supported chambers, Glocks do not.

The list goes on.

Just because it has a polymer frame doesn't equate it with Glock.

Porter N

imported post

ColdBlueSteel wrote:
daddy4count wrote:
the XD pretty much is a Glock...
Blasphemy!!

There are a number of design differences actually. Trigger action being one.

The Ultra Safe Assurance trigger is much nicer (my opinion here) than the Safe Action (I call it the "staple gun") trigger pull of a Glock.

The grip angle is WAY different.

XD's have fully supported chambers, Glocks do not.

The list goes on.

Just because it has a polymer frame doesn't equate it with Glock.

easy, easy, boys. we're all on the same side:

XD > Glock. :):celebrate:D