Thread: VFW St Charles

Post imported post

The V.F.W. in St. Charles off of old 94 will not allow weapons,,,,concealed or otherwise..

I served this country, cannot join because of the date of my service, but it just struck me strange.

Any comments?

Zeke
    GOD gave me rights!!!....The Constitutuion just confirms it!!

Post imported post

Guns are scary. No point in letting people who follow the law have weapons, though.

Post imported post

zekester wrote:
    The V.F.W. in St. Charles off of old 94 will not allow weapons,,,,concealed or otherwise..

I served this country, cannot join because of the date of my service, but it just struck me strange.

Any comments?

Zeke
    Assuming that a person is a United States citizen and has an honorable discharge from the U.S. armed forces, it only remains
    to be proven that the person has earned a recognized campaign medal or badge; served in Korea between June 30, 1949,
    until present; or earned Hostile Fire or Imminent Danger Pay eligibility. Those people in the armed forces of the United States
    shall become eligible for membership immediately upon arrival on hostile soil, in hostile waters or the airspace above in the
    performance of service.

Zeke, Do youmeet the above?

http://www.jointheelite.org/TMP_Jan_...ised_FINAL.pdf

Post imported post

My dates of service do not contain a "conflict"...78 thru 82..No foreign war....it is ok...I go there all the time, I just felt it funny that they would not allow weapons..

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

zekester wrote:
    My dates of service do not contain a "conflict"...78 thru 82..No foreign war....it is ok...I go there all the time, I just felt it funny that they would not allow weapons..
    The overall consensus is that VFW's are in fact "bars" with more than 51% of dollars from bar sales. This would be a restricted location and they are just reminding those that enter.

I have no dog in this hunt having never served, booze and guns do not mix and I have serviced a lot of VFW halls and inexpensive spirits and like minded companionship seem to be a main goal so I would bet that most do in fact exceed the 50% requirement by law.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Post imported post

gutshot

I realize it is private property and they can do as they please, It just seemed a bit strange that an organization for veterans would have the policy is all.

Post imported post

I too find it ironic.

Last week when I took my CCW class it was held at an American Legion hall, and it too had the No Firearms sign. They'll let you learn to get a permit to CC but they don't want you to do it there. Again, perhaps it's the 51%...