• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VFW St Charles

zekester

imported post

The V.F.W. in St. Charles off of old 94 will not allow weapons,,,,concealed or otherwise..

I served this country, cannot join because of the date of my service, but it just struck me strange.

Any comments?

Zeke

cash50

imported post

Guns are scary. No point in letting people who follow the law have weapons, though.

Article1section23

imported post

zekester wrote:
The V.F.W. in St. Charles off of old 94 will not allow weapons,,,,concealed or otherwise..

I served this country, cannot join because of the date of my service, but it just struck me strange.

Any comments?

Zeke

Assuming that a person is a United States citizen and has an honorable discharge from the U.S. armed forces, it only remains
to be proven that the person has earned a recognized campaign medal or badge; served in Korea between June 30, 1949,
until present; or earned Hostile Fire or Imminent Danger Pay eligibility. Those people in the armed forces of the United States
shall become eligible for membership immediately upon arrival on hostile soil, in hostile waters or the airspace above in the
performance of service.

Zeke, Do youmeet the above?

http://www.jointheelite.org/TMP_Jan_2008_revised_FINAL.pdf

zekester

imported post

My dates of service do not contain a "conflict"...78 thru 82..No foreign war....it is ok...I go there all the time, I just felt it funny that they would not allow weapons..

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

zekester wrote:
My dates of service do not contain a "conflict"...78 thru 82..No foreign war....it is ok...I go there all the time, I just felt it funny that they would not allow weapons..
The overall consensus is that VFW's are in fact "bars" with more than 51% of dollars from bar sales. This would be a restricted location and they are just reminding those that enter.

I have no dog in this hunt having never served, booze and guns do not mix and I have serviced a lot of VFW halls and inexpensive spirits and like minded companionship seem to be a main goal so I would bet that most do in fact exceed the 50% requirement by law.

zekester

imported post

gutshot

I realize it is private property and they can do as they please, It just seemed a bit strange that an organization for veterans would have the policy is all.

Bug Eater

imported post

I too find it ironic.

Last week when I took my CCW class it was held at an American Legion hall, and it too had the No Firearms sign. They'll let you learn to get a permit to CC but they don't want you to do it there. Again, perhaps it's the 51%...