• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Governor is expected to sign bill to allow CPL holders

tygereye

imported post

Gosirr wrote:
tygereye wrote:
What would anyone say to gathering up a few of us CPL holders, and heading on out to hunt them?? Bacon sounds pretty good to me!!
Im in. Set it up.
I don't know that I would be the best to set this up. I have no idea where/when would be a good place/time todo this... Will definately keep it in mind though!!

PDinDetroit

imported post

tygereye wrote:
Gosirr wrote:
tygereye wrote:
What would anyone say to gathering up a few of us CPL holders, and heading on out to hunt them?? Bacon sounds pretty good to me!!
Im in. Set it up.
I don't know that I would be the best to set this up. I have no idea where/when would be a good place/time todo this... Will definately keep it in mind though!!
I was thinking about this as well. It appears that the Gratiot-Saginaw State Game Area has had a few sightings (45 min North of Lansing, just above the Deer Rifle Line). I am also considering the Lapeer State Game Area and doing some scouting there to see if there are any signs. It would probably be best to find out an area that has some sightings and then organize a hunt.

The following site has some information on where there have been sightings and other information:

http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=194817&page=92

I just have to decide what to carry afield. For pistols, I am considering either .357 Magnum or .44 Magnum. For rifle, I am considering .30-30, .30-06, or .44 Magnum Carbine (just found one and may pick it up).

OC4me

imported post

Would non-resident concealed-carry licensees qualify? I hold a Florida CWP and frequent Michigan during summr months.

By the way, wild hogs are known to be very aggressive and dangerous (another reason to kill em' dead besides the environmental damage). The larger ones have sharp tusks and can seriously injure or kill hunting dogs. I'm sure more than a few hunters have been slashed real good by them as well.

Hog hunters using pistols tend to opt for magnum handguns. I'm not sure your average concealed carry pistol is up to the task.

eastmeyers

imported post

Hey PDinDetroit,

I just picked up a used Security Six .357 magnum. I was thinking that as the primary and my Glock 21 (.45auto 13+1) for my "charging with husks" back-up. What do you think. I think we should go soon, if you wouldn't mind me taggin along, one of these days.

Hey ALL-

I am going camping near the pit July 3-7th, so let me know if anyone wants to meet up during that time, I'll bring my ammo box just in-case.

God Bless

lil_freak_66

imported post

ive personally seen a group of 4-6,depending on which time,at the rose lake public land,just east of lansing,obviously in the area of the rose lake dnr shooting range.

always wanted to shoot one,but only ever being out there with a .22LR or a bead sight 16 guage,and the hogs at 200+ yards....i know the .22 wont pack the punch needed,and the 16 ga. wont shoot that far accurately.

one of these days ill get em...

(and no,im not out traversing the woods alone and armed)