Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: open carry a revolver

Post imported post

has anyone ever open carried a single action revolver? how about with a leather cow boy style holster? how was it reseaved? i have a 45 i love and shoot very well but have been holding off carrying it.

Post imported post

I do carry a 44 double action, revolver is big and I made my holster, few days ago I finish another holster and it is for a 44 magnum single action, it is cowboy style, and I was going to use it at our pic nic. but we were in a hurry and I forgot, I got several guns,but this 44 is my favorite, You will be OK , If you come to our monthly meeting, I will put on my new holster. then we will be 2 cowboys in the group or maybe 3 ,sorry Bryan!!! ha ha ha. Israel su vaquero amigo.

Post imported post

awsome, my brother and i will be there.

Post imported post

Remember our meetings are the 2nd. of every month at Sun Rise Cafe at main street in Meridian,. Su vaquero amigo, Israel.

Post imported post

the 2nd or the second thursday of every month?

Post imported post

Sorry, my bad!!!!, it is the 2nd Thursday of every month, that means it is tomorrow, at 7 pm, at sun rise cafe in Meridian, see you there!!!!!!,

I think it will be nice if everybdy that post in here and live in the treasure valley can attend, and talk about what is our concern. ( every time I write in English, I think in Spanish, I hope all I write make sense, OK?. Israel.

Post imported post

I'm in Louisville, Ky.. just dropping a comment..

I OC an Uberti Single Action .38.. it's basically a modern clone of a Civil War era Navy Colt.. converted to .38 Special.. It's on my hip all over town when I'm on my 50cc Honda Scooter.. keeps Werewolves away..

( and by "Werewolves" I mean road rage afflicted automobile operators who get pissed b/c I'm slower in traffic than they are.. Not that I'd draw on someone simply for driving aggressively of course.. )

-Adam

Post imported post

I O.C. my double acction 44 mag S&W all over downtown Boise every friday noon, 2 policeman passed me by last week and then they came back again and no problems, LEOs rode bicyclets on Boise downtown.

Post imported post

I brought my single acction and new holster to show it to you but maybe I miss you, at the meeting, I was looking for someone wearing a single acction but I didn't see anybody, I don't know if you came or not, sorry if I miss you, we had a lot of new people and I hope we can meet at the next meeting. I do not want to be the only "vaquero" there.

Post imported post

i live in garden valley and i wanted to come but it just didn't work out this time. I'll try and make the next one.

Post imported post

Is Garden Valley on the way to Lowman? I still learning my way in Idaho, we go that way to Camp about 6 miles away from Lowman, Still don't know if you can O.C. at the camp grounds, . One time I stoped at the shooting range close to the "airport" in G.V.

Hope you can make it next time, andcan we meet some day when my wife and I go camping? there must be a cafeteria in G.V.... Your Vaquero friend Israel.

Post imported post

yes it's on the way to lowman. next time you go camping i can probably point you to some more private camp ground or one with a hotsprings next to it.

Post imported post

so six miles short of lowman is that julie creek camp grounds by the deadwood river? and yeah next time you get this way we should do something. Or im in Boise/Nampa almost every day. i still haven't got up the nerve to go into walmart OCing yet maybe i could meet you there some time.

Post imported post

About 3 weeks ago I was nerves going OCing at walmart, but I said to myself if they don't like it they will tell me, and I been O.Cing at Walmart every saturady, no problems yet, the employees have seen me,I carry a big gun any body can see it, the way I did it I CC in the way in ,inside I oc andI did it many times untill 3 week ago, I O.C. in my way in, try it ,they can't send us to jail, ha ha ha, .

we been camping at the hot springs about 6 miles away from lowman, it is camping ground with very small amout of trees and in summer it gets hot, you can see it from the hi way, (I forgot its name), ther must be other places but we don't know them yet.,

Let me know when you are in town, I work at Boise Downtown, in a Jewelery store. My lap top is in the store, I don't have it at home, I can't hear the telefone either, going deft very rapidly, well my friend I hope we can meet you. You must be a truly vaquero.

Su amigo vaquero, Israel.

Post imported post

Birddog, just to help you out, I also open carry in Walmart. Although it was a Ruger P89. Never had a problem and even had a nice conversation with the guy that delivers the bread. At first glance, he thought it was a cell phone. About the worst that they will do would be to ask you to leave. But I have OC'd there many times and never had a problem.

Post imported post

I have been OCing at the Wal-Mart in Meridian no problems. I have a cabin in Garden Valley and I amup there all the time.

Post imported post

Can I O.C. at the camp grounds or not?

Post imported post

I would say yes, it is public property.

Post imported post

Thank you D-D, I saw your picture on Facebook on the red motorcycle, looks good.

Post imported post

i wouldn't worry about OCing at the camp grounds. i used to wear my pistol in garden valley all the time even before i found this web site. people in small towns are pretty easy going.all throughhigh school we would hunt before or after school and i asked the principal if i needed to park off school grounds because there was a gun in my truck. he said as long as it was properly stored and out of site he didn't have a problem with it. but i have a feeling it would be hard to get oway with that in boise.

Post imported post

I need to ask you. do you carry your gun like cowboy style? hanging from a gun belt full of bullets? I just finish my holsters and belt for my 44 mag, and becouse I am not skinny I was able to put about 55 bullets loops around, and now I need a place to "show it off", I may go to Idaho City, they are having a Pioneer Days on June, and they are asking people todress like pioneers.

Post imported post

Birdog23, Do you shoot at the Garden Valley range much? I have a place in Pine Tree Ranch and I shoot up there alot. Where are you at? Maybe we can shoot sometime. I typically open carry a .357 revolver.

Post imported post

i am in shilo sub. i do shoot there occasionally. i used to like to go to the tuesday clay pidgeon shoots but im not sure they do that anymore. to be honest i have been spending more time in boise than garden valley lately

Post imported post

it depends what im doing. if im going for a motorcycle/snowmobile ride ill fill it up. other wise i only put five in it. i would really like to see your holster and pick your brain on how you did it and were you get the supplies. i have been wanting to try and make a few things out of leather also. did you carve designs in it? have you ever been to levergunleathers.com it's amazing how nice these are.

Post imported post

I do carve a lot of designs , I made one for someboy who wanted plain, some other people like flowers ,leaves, etc, I made one holster and the color did come to bright, and did not like it that way, I colored black, I would like to put some of my holsters and belts in this post but I don't have the faintest ideas how to do it, maybe my daughter can help do it. I learn to carve leather on my own, the man who taught me died in 2000, and I bee on my "own" ever since. see you soon, are you in Downtown Boise at noon tomorrow?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast