• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry a revolver

birdog23

imported post

has anyone ever open carried a single action revolver? how about with a leather cow boy style holster? how was it reseaved? i have a 45 i love and shoot very well but have been holding off carrying it.

ISRAEL

imported post

I do carry a 44 double action, revolver is big and I made my holster, few days ago I finish another holster and it is for a 44 magnum single action, it is cowboy style, and I was going to use it at our pic nic. but we were in a hurry and I forgot, I got several guns,but this 44 is my favorite, You will be OK , If you come to our monthly meeting, I will put on my new holster. then we will be 2 cowboys in the group or maybe 3 ,sorry Bryan!!! ha ha ha. Israel su vaquero amigo.

ISRAEL

imported post

Sorry, my bad!!!!, it is the 2nd Thursday of every month, that means it is tomorrow, at 7 pm, at sun rise cafe in Meridian, see you there!!!!!!,

I think it will be nice if everybdy that post in here and live in the treasure valley can attend, and talk about what is our concern. ( every time I write in English, I think in Spanish, I hope all I write make sense, OK?. Israel.

Kriegsammler

imported post

I'm in Louisville, Ky.. just dropping a comment..

I OC an Uberti Single Action .38.. it's basically a modern clone of a Civil War era Navy Colt.. converted to .38 Special.. It's on my hip all over town when I'm on my 50cc Honda Scooter.. keeps Werewolves away..

( and by "Werewolves" I mean road rage afflicted automobile operators who get pissed b/c I'm slower in traffic than they are.. Not that I'd draw on someone simply for driving aggressively of course.. ) ;)

-Adam

ISRAEL

imported post

I O.C. my double acction 44 mag S&W all over downtown Boise every friday noon, 2 policeman passed me by last week and then they came back again and no problems, LEOs rode bicyclets on Boise downtown.

ISRAEL

imported post

I brought my single acction and new holster to show it to you but maybe I miss you, at the meeting, I was looking for someone wearing a single acction but I didn't see anybody, I don't know if you came or not, sorry if I miss you, we had a lot of new people and I hope we can meet at the next meeting. I do not want to be the only "vaquero" there.

ISRAEL

imported post

Is Garden Valley on the way to Lowman? I still learning my way in Idaho, we go that way to Camp about 6 miles away from Lowman, Still don't know if you can O.C. at the camp grounds, . One time I stoped at the shooting range close to the "airport" in G.V.

Hope you can make it next time, andcan we meet some day when my wife and I go camping? there must be a cafeteria in G.V.... Your Vaquero friend Israel.

birdog23

imported post

so six miles short of lowman is that julie creek camp grounds by the deadwood river? and yeah next time you get this way we should do something. Or im in Boise/Nampa almost every day. i still haven't got up the nerve to go into walmart OCing yet maybe i could meet you there some time.

ISRAEL

imported post

About 3 weeks ago I was nerves going OCing at walmart, but I said to myself if they don't like it they will tell me, and I been O.Cing at Walmart every saturady, no problems yet, the employees have seen me,I carry a big gun any body can see it, the way I did it I CC in the way in ,inside I oc andI did it many times untill 3 week ago, I O.C. in my way in, try it ,they can't send us to jail, ha ha ha, .

we been camping at the hot springs about 6 miles away from lowman, it is camping ground with very small amout of trees and in summer it gets hot, you can see it from the hi way, (I forgot its name), ther must be other places but we don't know them yet.,

Let me know when you are in town, I work at Boise Downtown, in a Jewelery store. My lap top is in the store, I don't have it at home, I can't hear the telefone either, going deft very rapidly, well my friend I hope we can meet you. You must be a truly vaquero.

Su amigo vaquero, Israel.

None2Slow

imported post

Birddog, just to help you out, I also open carry in Walmart. Although it was a Ruger P89. Never had a problem and even had a nice conversation with the guy that delivers the bread. At first glance, he thought it was a cell phone. About the worst that they will do would be to ask you to leave. But I have OC'd there many times and never had a problem.

birdog23

imported post

i wouldn't worry about OCing at the camp grounds. i used to wear my pistol in garden valley all the time even before i found this web site. people in small towns are pretty easy going.all throughhigh school we would hunt before or after school and i asked the principal if i needed to park off school grounds because there was a gun in my truck. he said as long as it was properly stored and out of site he didn't have a problem with it. but i have a feeling it would be hard to get oway with that in boise.