• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry a revolver

ISRAEL

imported post

I need to ask you. do you carry your gun like cowboy style? hanging from a gun belt full of bullets? I just finish my holsters and belt for my 44 mag, and becouse I am not skinny I was able to put about 55 bullets loops around, and now I need a place to "show it off", I may go to Idaho City, they are having a Pioneer Days on June, and they are asking people todress like pioneers.

Dicky-doo

imported post

Birdog23, Do you shoot at the Garden Valley range much? I have a place in Pine Tree Ranch and I shoot up there alot. Where are you at? Maybe we can shoot sometime. I typically open carry a .357 revolver.

birdog23

imported post

i am in shilo sub. i do shoot there occasionally. i used to like to go to the tuesday clay pidgeon shoots but im not sure they do that anymore. to be honest i have been spending more time in boise than garden valley lately

birdog23

imported post

it depends what im doing. if im going for a motorcycle/snowmobile ride ill fill it up. other wise i only put five in it. i would really like to see your holster and pick your brain on how you did it and were you get the supplies. i have been wanting to try and make a few things out of leather also. did you carve designs in it? have you ever been to levergunleathers.com it's amazing how nice these are.

ISRAEL

imported post

I do carve a lot of designs , I made one for someboy who wanted plain, some other people like flowers ,leaves, etc, I made one holster and the color did come to bright, and did not like it that way, I colored black, I would like to put some of my holsters and belts in this post but I don't have the faintest ideas how to do it, maybe my daughter can help do it. I learn to carve leather on my own, the man who taught me died in 2000, and I bee on my "own" ever since. see you soon, are you in Downtown Boise at noon tomorrow?

ISRAEL

To Birddog23

awsome, my brother and i will be there.

Hi, Mi wife and I are going to pass trough G.V. next saturday afternoon, if you are going to be there we may meet at any place you want, becouse I do not know the town, we are going to go to Lowman for the day, By Idaho City and coming back by Garden Valley, sometimes about 4 or 5 pm. let me know, we hope to meet you. Isael.