• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tonite on MPTV 10p.m. - Packing heat in Wisconsin

Winslow

imported post

Hello to all. Though I've beenvisiting this forum for some time, this is my first post. I just wanted to let those who may be interested that there is a show on channel 10, WMVS tonight called "4th Street Forum". a new episode, which will be shown at 10 p.m. is called "Packing and checking heat in Wisconsin". The show claims that it will sort fact from myth"in the enduring debate about guns". There will be a discussion between experts andaudience members recorded at Milwaukee's Turner Hall.

Milwaukee public television WMVS Channel 10 Fri May 7th 10p.m.

4th Street Forum - "Packing and checking heat in Wisconsin"

It appears the showwill be geared towards concealed carry and the experts will include John Chisholm, Sheriff David Clarke, and Jeri Bonavia from WAVE.

Might beinteresting.

Captain Nemo

imported post

If Bonavia and Chisholm are involved the underlying motive is anti. IMO their sudden support of concealed carry is in hopes of being able to influence the language of anyCC legislation so that it supports their political objectives.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

PACKING AND CHECKING HEAT IN WISCONSIN
Some people say that concealed carry is a way to reduce crime.
But crime and guns are a deadly pair.
Yet there are no criminal background checks on half the guns sold.
Can Wisconsin sort fact from myth in the enduring debate about guns?

So look to who will represent Wisconsin, the PhD director of the UWM Roberto Hernandez Center, WAVE ED, MKE DA, MKE Sheriff and the director of some neighborhood project. Not a collection of bright lights by which to read the book that has addressed the question.

More Guns, Less Crime: Understanding Crime and Gun-Control Laws by John R. Lott, Jr. - 3rd edition