• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

a knife beats a gun

Matt85

imported post

thats a pretty cool knife... but that hit didnt look immediatly fatal, which means he still could have been shot. (there are to many variables to say the knife is better)

-matt

Aaron1124

imported post

A firearm has multiple shots, and fires at a much, much faster speed than any throwing knife. With that blade, you have one chance to hit your target, and that guy could have fired multiple rounds before the other guy even raised his arm to throw his blade.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Yeah a knife will beat a gun every time if you are using a stuffed dummy that cannot react or draw and does not give the added pressure or threat, funny video though.

Tawnos

imported post

People should just stop replying to U8Dust. Maybe she'll get bored and go away.

Stoked

imported post

I'm dumber for having watched that.

But, I guess if you carry around a 17" long, Made in China Kukri around in your pants, you are as well.

I'll stick with my .45.

Aaron1124

imported post

Stoked wrote:
I'm dumber for having watched that.

But, I guess if you carry around a 17" long, Made in China Kukri around in your pants, you are as well.

I'll stick with my .45.
I don't think Coldsteel is made in China. They're very good quality blades.

Son_of_Perdition

imported post

I can catch a 95mph fast ball with my left hand. I shoot with my right. The only thing this guy gave me was a reason to take him down for attempted murder bloodying up my left hand. Hope he can catch bullets. I'm sure his center mass can.

Aaron1124

Stoked

imported post

To be sure, I'm not a hater; I've owned several Cold Steel knives and never had a problem with them. In fact, I carry one of their Urban Pal push knives on my work uniform. Their stuff wouldn't necessarilybe my first choice of gear, but I'm satisfied with it thus far.

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

I figured it took the idiot on the video to draw and throw his knife (illegal to carry) about 3 seconds. It took this guy 3 seconds to shoot 12 rounds (including reloading). Too this guy a little over a second to shoot 6 rounds.

I want to see that guy throw 12 of those knives in 3 seconds;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3fgduPdH_Y