• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Safeway/Carrs

FarNorth

imported post

Stopped at Carrs East NLB store and was told by a clerk "you cant have that gun in here". I've open carried in Carrs for several years now with no questions asked, also checked for any kind of policy on their web site but couldn't find one. The clerk told me the manager had said that was the policy. Didn't have time to wait but I did call the manager and he said he didn't know what the policy was. I left my name and number with him and was told he would get back in touch with me. Has anyone had any encounters with Carrs employees?

petrophase

Campaign Veteran
imported post

At the Safeway here in Rapid I was told by the store manager and, eventually, by Safeway's legal/security dept., that they abide by state law. However, they will ask somebody to leave if a customer or employee complains of feeling 'uncomfortable':banghead:

It's double talk.

Archsgurl

imported post

I would have told the manager that since I was treated differently due to what I was wearing, I will be happy to spread the word to all my fellow gun carrying friends so we can boycott your store from now on. I would then call Safeway Corporate and inform them that due to the fact their stores were not 2nd Amendment Friendly, that I was gonna spread the word to boycott Safeway until they become 2nd Amendment Friendly.

But that is me, and I truly would tell everyone about it.

spyderdude

imported post

I've open carried in several Carrs store locations without any problems. You would think in Alaska of all places, people wouldn't care if you were carrying a .50 AE Desert Eagle in a shoulder holster. The Carrs location I mostly go to is on the corner of Northern Lights & Muldoon... never had any issues.

FarNorth

imported post

Yeah,, that's the same store. I've never had anyone say something until now. I'm pretty sure that I'll get confirmation back from corporate stating it's ok to carry there and there won't be a problem in the future. I'm sure this clerk just didn't know better. I don't shop at that Carrs very often but I'm in the Aurora Village store every day becauseit's near my office and haven't ever had anyone even give me a funny look there.

FarNorth

imported post

Response back from Safeway:

Dear Mr. March:

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding your local Safeway store.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered with one of our employees at your local Safeway. We have contacted the Store Manager Mike regarding your inquiry about the acceptance of firearms being allowed in your local Safeway stores. Mike has informed us that he has been notified by our Security Department that firearms are allowed in your local Safeway stores in accordance with the state law. If you would like to discuss this further with the Store Manager Mike, you may contact him at 1-(907) 331-1700 option 8. We have forward your comments to our Public Affairs Department for further review. Please be assured that your concerns have been addressed.

If you would like to discuss this further, please reply to this email or call our toll free number at 1-877-723-3929 and reference contact I.D. 16688058. One of our associates will be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you soon. Thank you for shopping at Safeway.

Sincerely,

Safeway Customer Service Team

noname762

imported post

petrophase wrote:
At the Safeway here in Rapid I was told by the store manager and, eventually, by Safeway's legal/security dept., that they abide by state law. However, they will ask somebody to leave if a customer or employee complains of feeling 'uncomfortable':banghead:

It's double talk.
Or another way to say it is they're talkin outta both sides of their mouth.