Thread: My gun was ripped off !

Post imported post

My gun came up missing I reported it as soon as I found out, but this is where it get's sick, my step-son had my gun, and his Dad found it at his home and turned it in at the Mt. Clemens Sheriff's Offices. OK I called them and they would not tell me if they had my gun? I know they had it I was told by my wife what happen. so I called Roseville PD and they told they did not know what was going on but my gun was reported missing and if they find out my step-son had it he would go to jail. that never happen. it took me two weeks to get get my gun back, after I was told my gun has the same numbers as a 50 cal? Do you think some one would call me and ask me what is going on? I had a Kel-Tec P11 9mm? did my step-son go to jail? no but the COP'S gave me He11 when I picked up my gun after two weeks of telling I could not have my gun? she asked me what the he11 was I calling the PD and asking them to run my gun to see if it was found? Did tell you my step-son was going out with one of the Hinze? like the one in charge of Roseville PD? and now he was going to be a cop? if he makes it to be a cop good luck to every step-dad he pulls over! just one man view! I would like to move out of this town! Rights in Roseville not if your not a cop! I had a Attorney just to get my gun back?

Post imported post

I'm sorry, but I really couldn't parse all that. Try again with paragraphs and other formatting.

Post imported post

Can you give more details. Like the age of your step son? or does he have a CPL? and did you give him permission to borrow this gun? Thanks.

MOC Charter Member - Shelby Township, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Wow. My brain seriously hurts from trying to read that.

I agree with marshaul, please try some periods, commas, paragraph breaks and general grammar.

From what little I could understand, it sounds like you're mad at the police because a relative of yours stole your gun. I don't get it.

Post imported post

I wanted so much to understand this. Please clarify. It made my head hurt.

Post imported post

I will attempt to clarify to the best of my understanding:

Events:

Reported gun stolen

Found out step son had the gun, and step son's father turned it in to police

Police would not give him information about his gun, despite the fact that he knew they had his gun.

His gun, a kel-tec 9mm, apparently has the same serial number as a 50 caliber of some sort

It seems to have taken him two weeks to get his gun back.

...these are the pertinent items I think.

Banned

Post imported post

Wow....
    if your post is a reflection of yourself i think its better off with the police...

Post imported post

Well, if you let someone get to your firearm, in most cases, I can see why you wouldn't have people bending over backwards to get it back to you. I am curious where was the firearm when it was taken?

Carry at all times possible and when not possible, secure it correctly. If you hide it under your bed, in a drawer, on top of the frig or any other location criminals go looking first then you really have nothing to complain about if it gets stolen.

Anyhow, I don't think 2 weeks is all that bad considering all the paperwork they have to go through IMHO.

Post imported post

pleeeease....make the pain go away. I just threw up a little.

Post imported post

Savage.Detroit wrote:
    Well, if you let someone get to your firearm, in most cases, I can see why you wouldn't have people bending over backwards to get it back to you. I am curious where was the firearm when it was taken?

Carry at all times possible and when not possible, secure it correctly. If you hide it under your bed, in a drawer, on top of the frig or any other location criminals go looking first then you really have nothing to complain about if it gets stolen.

Anyhow, I don't think 2 weeks is all that bad considering all the paperwork they have to go through IMHO.
    If they enter your home without permission and take your safe,you have nothing to complain about either.Whats going to stop em if they really want it?This isn't a perfect world! WELCOME SOLDIER53!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Post imported post

well maybe a safe...

Post imported post

Savage.Detroit wrote:
    If you hide it under your bed, in a drawer, on top of the frig or any other location criminals go looking first then you really have nothing to complain about if it gets stolen.
    That is the dumbest thing i ever heard! (read)

Seriously? if someone steals something that does not belong to them, you think the victim is somehow at fault because they did not spend enough money on theft prevention?

How about blaming the guy who broke in and stole the item? That is who is at fault, not the victim.

Just because you don't lock your car or your house doesn't mean that it's perfectly ok for someone to come inside and steal YOUR stuff.

Don't blame the victim!
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

Post imported post

Never said any of that. Reading is fundamental.

Post imported post

Its all nonsense time to break out the bull whip.
    In a situation when seconds count-The police will be there in minutes.

Post imported post

Its all nonsense time to break out the bull whip.
    In a situation when seconds count-The police will be there in minutes.