• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

4th Street Forum PACKING AND CHECKING HEAT IN WISCONSIN

tomm1963

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

PACKING AND CHECKING HEAT IN WISCONSIN
Some people say that concealed carry is a way to reduce crime.
But crime and guns are a deadly pair.
Yet there are no criminal background checks on half the guns sold.
Can Wisconsin sort fact from myth in the enduring debate about guns?

So look to who will represent Wisconsin, the PhD director of the UWM Roberto Hernandez Center, WAVE ED, MKE DA, MKE Sheriff and the director of some neighborhood project. Not a collection of bright lights by which to read the book that has addressed the question.

More Guns, Less Crime: Understanding Crime and Gun-Control Laws by John R. Lott, Jr. - 3rd edition

barronburke

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
LOL! where are the representatives from WCI? They were probably not even invited.

What a waste of time. A totally one sided view.

There was someone from a 2nd amd rights group who said the had faught for open carry they didnt give him any merit but the whole show made me think why am i watching this again.

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'm going to watch and record program also, I did watch it , pay special attention to what D.A. Chisholm has to say about the ban on c.c.w., My take on what I heard him say is that the ban isin conflict with article 1 section 25 of the state constitution, that it'son life support ready to die and that the W.S.S.C. may be more than willing to pull the plug should another case come before them , and now a change of heart and push for a permit system by the anti's before it happens.

Winslow

imported post

barronburke wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:
LOL! where are the representatives from WCI? They were probably not even invited.

What a waste of time. A totally one sided view.

There was someone from a 2nd amd rights group who said the had faught for open carry they didnt give him any merit but the whole show made me think why am i watching this again.
Brad Krause was there and asked a question after his introduction.

barronburke

imported post

springfield 1911 wrote:
I'm going to watch and record program also, I did watch it , pay special attention to what D.A. Chisholm has to say about the ban on c.c.w., My take on what I heard him say is that the ban isin conflict with article 1 section 25 of the state constitution, that it'son life support ready to die and that the W.S.S.C. may be more than willing to pull the plug should another case come before them , and now a change of heart and push for a permit system by the anti's before it happens.
I heard the same thingsounds like progress as long as we can get past this gun violence bill

Captain Nemo

imported post

As I implied on the duplicate thread of the same item, The anti's are trying to race us to the Supreme Court. It is my feeling we are only one case away from having the CCW prohibition killed by the WSSC. Chisholm mirrowed that opinion. We can't let them beat us to the legislature. This is a very important election year. Many of our state legislators are up for election. We must let them know we are closely watching their position on gun rights in Wisconsin.

In Hamdan the WSSC acknowledged the complexity of the issue btween Article Isection 25 and 941.23(CCW prohibition). It stopped short of wading into the fight by putting the burden on the legislature to fix the problem. Rumor has it the WSSC is not happy the legislature failed to follow the WSSC instruction. Before you jump on me and say that the legislature did follow instruction by passing CCW legislation but Doyle killed the CCW bill with his veto. Remember, the legislature has final say. It failed in it's task because it didn't override the veto.

M

McX

imported post

looks like it was written by some political hack.

Canard

imported post

Not sure if it's worth seeing or not but I missed it. Did find out It is running again tomorrow (Sunday) morning at 9:00 am.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Captain Nemo wrote:
As I implied on the duplicate thread of the same item, The anti's are trying to race us to the Supreme Court. It is my feeling we are only one case away from having the CCW prohibition killed by the WSSC. Chisholm mirrowed that opinion. We can't let them beat us to the legislature. This is a very important election year. Many of our state legislators are up for election. We must let them know we are closely watching their position on gun rights in Wisconsin.

In Hamdan the WSSC acknowledged the complexity of the issue btween Article Isection 25 and 941.23(CCW prohibition). It stopped short of wading into the fight by putting the burden on the legislature to fix the problem. Rumor has it the WSSC is not happy the legislature failed to follow the WSSC instruction. Before you jump on me and say that the legislature did follow instruction by passing CCW legislation but Doyle killed the CCW bill with his veto. Remember, the legislature has final say. It failed in it's task because it didn't override the veto.
I think it's really simple:

Q: Are you a true conservative? If they answer yes:

Q: As a true conservative, then you favor smaller government and less bureaucracy?

Q: Then you would favor repeal of the CCW prohibition, or a CCW bureaucracy?

A true conservative should oppose a CCW bureaucracy.

These question should be asked/stated at every political rally/meeting we attend.

paul@paul-fisher.com

imported post

I DVR'ed this. Just watching it. Surprisingly Sheriff David Clark sounds mostly reasonable. He said many times that most laws would not really affect crime since all it would do is regulate law abiding people and the problem is with criminals.

He also set the director of WAVE in her place when she stated that the NRA was against the law that changed the straw purchase to a felony. He said even though he is not an NRA member, he knows the NRA did support that provision.

Milwaukee DA said 'We are on borrowed time with our restrictive CCW laws'.

Sheriff Clark once again indicated he supports CC and as far as he's concerned the State Supreme Court has already told the legislature to fix it.

He thinks OC is silly but legal. Kinda like putting your underwear over your pants.

He says he goes armed but doesn't OC when not in uniform.

Last quote from Clark. The WAVE chick said that the NRA needs to be told to change. Clark said that in the 400 murders he investigated while working in homicide in Milwaukee, he is very sure none of the perpetrators were NRA members.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

It was easy to discern that the moderator is a very anti gun minded individual. I think the two people on the panel that were fair were Chisholm and Clarke the other two only wanted to impose their anti gun retoric on everyone. It is obvious there will always be anti's that continue on their crusade simply because they are sheep that refuse to wonder from the flock.

It is really ashame. Americans that are afraid to be Americans.

I was impressed that Clarke made the comment that people should be allowed to make the decision as to how they want to carry.

Brad I was glad to see you there but I only wish you would have had a question that would have left them sitting there looking stupid. It would have had a greater impact. The mod was able to rip on you at the end so it took away some of the power of your message.