• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need help finding the research

okiephlyer

imported post

There have been many references to the fact that people that have gone through a background check, been fingerprinted and attended a training class to get aweapons carry permit are less likely to commit a crime than off duty active law enforcement. Can anyone direct me to the factual data or research paper with this information? I am NOT here to bash LEO's. My intent is to write to our states head politician with some factual data on a very important issue that awaits his signature.

Thanks in advance for any help.