Thread: good training place

Post imported post

Hey all, I need a bit of help here. My mother in law lives in Lancaster and has decided to finally go and get a carry permit / training. Since I'm no longer living up that way I need to know where to point her to for good training on both safety and shooting, and a place where she could try out a few different types of handguns.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Pol

Post imported post

No personal experience... and it's not exactly next door... but my understanding is that Freedom Armory in New Freedom may at least have some pertinent information for her, if not have something she'd be willing to travel a little for.

Post imported post

Freedom Armory does bring in instructors to conduct training from time to time, here is their site...

http://www.freedomarmory.com/

From Lancaster, you can count on about 45-60 minute travel time.

I believe WSSA, West Shore Sportsmen's Association, also offers training...

http://www.westshoresportsmen.org/

You could probably also expect an hour or maybe a little less for travel.

If she needs to be a member of the range in order to take training, Freedom Armory is ridiculously expensive to be a member, but it is a nice facility, strictly indoor ranges at 25yd (pistol) and 50yd (rifle).

I have never been to WSSA, but from the web site it certainly looks like a very nice place.

If there is anything else available in the area, hopefully someone else will pipe up soon.
    While many claim to support the right to keep and bear arms, precious few support the practice.

Post imported post

Thanks all. I guess i'm really spoiled living down here where every gun store (just about) has a range and rentals.

Thanks,

Pol