• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

good training place

Pol Mordreth

imported post

Hey all, I need a bit of help here. My mother in law lives in Lancaster and has decided to finally go and get a carry permit / training. Since I'm no longer living up that way I need to know where to point her to for good training on both safety and shooting, and a place where she could try out a few different types of handguns.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Pol

Mr H

imported post

No personal experience... and it's not exactly next door... but my understanding is that Freedom Armory in New Freedom may at least have some pertinent information for her, if not have something she'd be willing to travel a little for.

Curmudgeon

imported post

Freedom Armory does bring in instructors to conduct training from time to time, here is their site...

http://www.freedomarmory.com/

From Lancaster, you can count on about 45-60 minute travel time.

I believe WSSA, West Shore Sportsmen's Association, also offers training...

http://www.westshoresportsmen.org/

You could probably also expect an hour or maybe a little less for travel.

If she needs to be a member of the range in order to take training, Freedom Armory is ridiculously expensive to be a member, but it is a nice facility, strictly indoor ranges at 25yd (pistol) and 50yd (rifle).

I have never been to WSSA, but from the web site it certainly looks like a very nice place.

If there is anything else available in the area, hopefully someone else will pipe up soon.