• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

May 15 OC litter Pickup (RENO)

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

I will be contacting Reno Parks and Recreation this Monday to see if they have any recommendations.

Since it has been two months since last time I was thinking if nothing else we might do it at the same place as last time. Surely after 2 months more trash must have accumulated.

I will look around this week and see.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

I called Parks and Recreation and am awaiting a reply call.

I also visited the place we were last at and it looks like quite a bit of trash has come back.

NumberCruncher

imported post

Agreed...was there this past weekend for the white water kayak event...parked in that same area and noted it had quite a bit of trash. I'm in.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

I've called them again, so far no response, but if they can't help us we can just bring our own bags. When I called them last month they said they lost a lot of employees and such due to budget short falls so maybe they don't have the resources. In any case we'll still do it this Saturday. I can bring a few bags.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

At least 3 so far. If we delayed it by a week would you be able to come jfrey? While I like sticking to a date, if we did delay it by a week I know that I could get my Dad to come too.

In case if people are not sure where this is, this will be at Noon near the side of the river. There is parking under the keystone bridge. To get there, just drive down keystone avenue from down town heading south and then instead of going over the bridge follow the little road the right of the bridge that leads to the parking underneath. It's on the corner of Keystone Avenue and Riverside Drive.

Google Earth Link to location.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2883584/RenoOClocation.kmz

I've called the park people many times with no reply so I don't think we'll have their help this time but I will be able to bring plenty of bags for everyone without them.

Vault

imported post

First post here, but I have been lurking around for a while. Figured this was as good of a reason as any to go out and meet the locals.

jfrey123

imported post

Felid`Maximus wrote:
At least 3 so far. If we delayed it by a week would you be able to come jfrey? While I like sticking to a date, if we did delay it by a week I know that I could get my Dad to come too.

I could attend if we bumped a week, but I hate to delay the party to serve myself. If next week works for the others who have already RSVP'ed, fine, but don't drop this event just for me.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

Very Well!

I've found another person I'll be bringing with me also.

It looks like we've got about 8 people thus far:

dchoepp + 1 More
Felid'Maximus + 2 More
jfrey123
NumberCruncher
Vault