Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ban ALL Guns

Post imported post

Ban handguns in the USA
    We don't need to possess handguns to be safe. People are being killed everyday because someone was allowed to own a handgun. It really shouldn't be that way. That is why I support a handgun ban, and am for stricter gun control laws. Only people in jobs that require handguns should have them (police, military, etc). It is their job to protect us, not ours.

Post imported post

say what?

Post imported post

anti wrote:
    Ban handguns in the USA
    We don't need to possess handguns to be safe. People are being killed everyday because someone was allowed to own a handgun. It really shouldn't be that way. That is why I support a handgun ban, and am for stricter gun control laws. Only people in jobs that require handguns should have them (police, military, etc). It is their job to protect us, not ours.
    Better than taking all them rapists, robbers, etc. to court and letting them get off one

way or another.

Post imported post

anti wrote:
    Ban handguns in the USA
    :quirky
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

Post imported post

Somebody can that moonbat quick.:what:

Post imported post

anti wrote:
    Ban handguns in the USA
    <3 moron

Let's see how many pages this troll gets to.

Regular Member Brimstone Baritone's Avatar

Post imported post

Now I'll argue with just about anyone, but is this one even trying? I wish we had an eye-roll smiley.

Short version, if you band handguns criminals will still have them. More people are being killed everyday by bad drivers, and driving isn't a right. Driving is a (supposedly) well regulated privilege. The Supreme Court has ruled that the police have no duty to protect you. The only one who is responsible for your safety is you. Even if the police did have a duty to protect you, when seconds count the police are minutes away.
    There was a time that the pieces fit, but I watched them fall away, mildewed and smoldering, strangled by our coveting. I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing. Doomed to crumble, unless we grow and strengthen our communication. -Tool, "Schism"

Post imported post

anti wrote:
    Ban handguns in the USA
    Band all motor vehicles.

We don't need motor vehicles to transport people and things. More people are being killed every day in the US with motor vehicles than guns because someone is allowed to drive. It really shouldn't be that way. That is why I support a motor vehicle band, and stricter speed limits. Only people in jobs that requiremotor vehiclesshould be allowed to own motor vehicles (truck drivers, taxi cabs, etc.) It is their jobs to transport people and materials, not ours. I will go farther and say look at the damage and carbine foot prints that all privately owned motor vehicles produce. I go into a big city and I can't breath do to all the carbine emissions.

I Know, don't play with the fools but sometimes you just have to have fun and laugh. This post gave me a good laugh.

Thank you Anti for the good laugh. I know you can't be serious because we have Chicago as a good example of complete gun control.
    :what:
    Don't confuse me with the facts, I have my emotions!

I guess that's the difference between no crime and "stopping" a crime in progress. I prefer no crime.

Post imported post

mcdonalk wrote:
    Now I'll argue with just about anyone, but is this one even trying? I wish we had an eye-roll smiley.
    , and driving isn't a right. Driving is a (supposedly) well regulated privilege. The only one who is responsible for your safety is you.

whoa, now mcdonalk, there are a lot of people that would disagree with you on that,

but also the terminology would be different too. There is the right of free transpor-

tation. Although, i'm trying to get my mind around the idea myself. Apparently there

have been SCOTUS cases about it too, verifying that.

Didn't mean to steal the thread.

Post imported post

"Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Regular Member Brimstone Baritone's Avatar

Post imported post

marine77 wrote:
    whoa, now mcdonalk, there are a lot of people that would disagree with you on that,

but also the terminology would be different too. There is the right of free transpor-

tation. Although, i'm trying to get my mind around the idea myself. Apparently there

have been SCOTUS cases about it too, verifying that.

Didn't mean to steal the thread.
    Free transportation is a right, sure. Driving on public highways paid for by tax dollars, where everyone is expected to follow the same general rules so the whole thing works smoothly... Not sure I can agree with you there.

But thanks. I'll look into the SCOTUS rulings.
    There was a time that the pieces fit, but I watched them fall away, mildewed and smoldering, strangled by our coveting. I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing. Doomed to crumble, unless we grow and strengthen our communication. -Tool, "Schism"

Post imported post

"anti",

Welcome to ODCO, comrade.

You are right. When only the military and the police have guns, it makes the world a MUCH safer place.

We should ban all civilian-owned guns, and stop stalin the passage of more restrictive laws.

You're mao kinda guy...

It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

While many claim to support the right to keep and bear arms, precious few support the practice.

Post imported post

Ban handguns and you'll be able to buy a handgun on any street corner(the sameplace as "banned" drugs)

Post imported post

"all power is inherant in the people...................it is their right and duty to be at all times armed" Thomas Jefferson
    He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent which will reach to himself. -- Thomas Paine (1737--1809), Dissertation on First Principles of Government, 1795

Post imported post

anti wrote:
    Ban handguns in the USA
    You're funny, where you from? I think you need to take a walk in the south side of Chicago around midnight. Oh hell that's right, they've banned handguns there Ha! good luck troll...... Geez what a moron
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

Saint Francisville, Louisiana, United States

Post imported post

If we don't need guns, then why do cops need them?
    If we ban all handguns, the criminals will give theirs up too. Am I right? /sarcasm for the thickheaded.

Post imported post

When I read a post like this, I get a picture of a little hairy man, sitting in his mommies basement, giggling wildly as he types, hoping to tick off the evil gun owners. He's single, he's anti-gun, and he's angry.

Now, before I call him a TROLL, let's see if he will come back and (attempt to) defend his position!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

anti wrote:
    Ban handguns in the USA
    HAHAHAHAHAHA...you slay me!

Post imported post

anti wrote:
    Ban handguns in the USA
    Do you mind giving out your home address and phone number?

Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

rscottie wrote:
    When I read a post like this, I get a picture of a little hairy man, sitting in his mommies basement, giggling wildly as he types, hoping to tick off the evil gun owners. He's single, he's anti-gun, and he's angry.
    Close, but Not quite, there RScottie. But in all seriousness and hypothetical thinking, you say that if a VA tech student were to have had a gun, or a collumbine teacher were to have had a gun (because in some states, like Utah, with a permit, even teachers can carry) then the senseless killings would never have taken place.

So, logically thinking, what would happen in a world without guns? People would run through the halls stabbing people? maybe. I know it's not something that will ever happen, but what if every gun was banned and removed and it worked (theoretically, because I may be a fat, hairy little giggly guy living with my mommy, but I'm not dumb enough to think a gun ban would ever work).

I understand there are times where guns save lives. I've seen and heard all the pictures and phrases about how close a rapist is to your daughter and if you would trust a condom, a cell phone dialing 911, or a gun to protect her the most. While I can see your point on those three, there are also deeper rooted issues with our society, which I can touch on, but which argument would be best suited to a different or place. We go too lightly on violent sexual predators, so with our system now, i can say - yes, a gun would be a better judgment than letting him go to court after the fact and watch him get off on some bullsh*t piece of evidence.

Our culture is not anywhere near an honour based system like that of some of the Asian countries. I know someone else brought up China's attacks recently, but I spent some time in South Korea where the police and military have the only firearms, and the system is a very honour-based system. They are taught to be, not an individual, but a member of a whole, moving forward for the greater good of Country and People. Some places (not many anymore) still sell Alcohol in vending machines - the countries age to drink is 18, and if you're younger than that, it's an honour call. they just don't buy it. I'm sure some do, but it still was very cool to talk to my students about it. They were ten-fifteen, and understood it was an adult thing and they would wait til they were adults as well.

While I do think their uniformity and conformity to be a little odd after having been taught to be myself and an individual all my life, it was amazing and heartbreaking to see how their people mourned the VA tech massacre because the assailant was Korean. I was there when it happened, and It seemed to be a blow to their people as a whole, and as a country. I saw a picture of the assailant on a newspaper and said I'd read about it on an American website, but asked a co-worker what it said in the Korean paper. He said he didn't want to know and told me it 'was sad because everyone South Korean represents their flag at all times." I didn't learn much Korean while I was there, so no, I don't know what their crime-rate is. Websites say MOST of their crime is pick-pocketing, purse snatching, assault, hotel room and residential burglary where tourists frequent.

My point was not to make fun or incite anger in the gun community, but as a troll - yes, a troll who has been looking at a few posts for a while, I wanted to see your real reactions to someone who has a, however naive and probably impossible thought and hope for a world without guns and violent crime. But, as America grew up with guns, was won by civilians using guns, and still protects many gun owners' rights, I'm sure me and mine will be forever stuck ******* in the wind and screwing with gun forums.

Post imported post

anti wrote:
    Ban handguns in the USA
    Hey anti, kiss my a@@!!!!!!!

Post imported post

anti wrote:
    rscottie wrote:
    Close, but Not quite, there RScottie. But in all seriousness and hypothetical thinking, you say that if a VA tech student were to have had a gun, or a collumbine teacher were to have had a gun (because in some states, like Utah, with a permit, even teachers can carry) then the senseless killings would never have taken place.

So, logically thinking, what would happen in a world without guns? There is no logic in this statement. You cannot uninvent the gun. It is a simple machine that can be made easily. NAME ONE TIME IN HUMAN HISTORY WHERE A MACHINE OR DEVICE HAS BEEN UNIVENTED.
    People would run through the halls stabbing people? maybe. You admit that evil exists. It has existed in all of mankinds time on this Earth and it will always be...
    I know it's not something that will ever happen, Again you admit that 'Pandora's Box' exists and we will always have guns. but what if every gun was banned and removed and it worked (theoretically, because I may be a fat, hairy little giggly guy living with my mommy, but I'm not dumb enough to think a gun ban would ever work).

I understand there are times where guns save lives. You admit the truth. Have you ever been the victim of a violent crime?
    I've seen and heard all the pictures and phrases about how close a rapist is to your daughter and if you would trust a condom, a cell phone dialing 911, or a gun to protect her the most. While I can see your point on those three, there are also deeper rooted issues with our society, That people are told to give away their dignity of assaulted? Just let the muggertake what he wants? Your dignity used to be worth defending.which I can touch on, but which argument would be best suited to a different or place.
    We go too lightly on violent sexual predators, This is fundamental and this is the issue that is 'deeply rooted', so with our system now, i can say - yes, a gun would be a better judgment Again you admit the truth and you admit that you have a right to defend your dignity and your body and life. than letting him go to court after the fact and watch him get off on some bullsh*t piece of evidence.

Our culture is not anywhere near an honour based system like that of some of the Asian countries. Move.
    I know someone else brought up China's attacks recently, but I spent some time in South Korea where the police and military have the only firearms, And gangs and criminals and the system is a very honour-based system.
    They are taught to be, not an individual, but a member of a whole, moving forward for the greater good of Country and People. Move.
    Some places (not many anymore) Because it didn't work still sell Alcohol in vending machines - the countries age to drink is 18, and if you're younger than that, it's an honour call. they just don't buy it. I'm sure some do, but it still was very cool to talk to my students about it. It is always cool to talk about fantasy.
    They were ten-fifteen, and understood it was an adult thing and they would wait til they were adults as well. It is human nature to lie to an authority figure.

While I do think their uniformity and conformity to be a little odd after having been taught to be myself and an individual all my life, it was amazing and heartbreaking to see how their people mourned the VA tech massacre because the assailant was Korean. Emotions fill us all with pain and anguish. However, emotions are not the best way to make decisions.
    I was there when it happened, and It seemed to be a blow to their people as a whole, and as a country. I saw a picture of the assailant on a newspaper and said I'd read about it on an American website, but asked a co-worker what it said in the Korean paper. He said he didn't want to know and told me it 'was sad because everyone South Korean represents their flag at all times." I didn't learn much Korean while I was there, so no, I don't know what their crime-rate is. Websites say MOST of their crime is pick-pocketing, purse snatching, assault, hotel room and residential burglary where tourists frequent. Human nature does not change.

My point was not to make fun or incite anger in the gun community, but as a troll - yes, a troll who has been looking at a few posts for a while, I wanted to see your real reactions to someone who has a, however naive and probably impossible thought and hope for a world without guns and violent crime. But, as America grew up with guns, was won by civilians using guns, and still protects many gun owners' rights, I'm sure me and mine will be forever stuck ******* in the wind and screwing with gun forums. Without those guns, a freeman on this earth would not exist.
    Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

anti wrote:
    We go too lightly on violent sexual predators, so with our system now, i can say - yes, a gun would be a better judgment than letting him go to court after the fact and watch him get off on some bullsh*t piece of evidence.

-snip-

My point was not to make fun or incite anger in the gun community,

Yes, your point was most certainly to incite anger in the gun community. You came here to for the express purpose of seeing who you could piss off... so you, and your friends, could chortle in glee.

but as a troll - yes, a troll

And what does a troll do? Try to piss of folks for their own entertainment.

who has been looking at a few posts for a while, I wanted to see your real reactions to someone who has a, however naive and probably impossible thought and hope for a world without guns and violent crime.

You say above that our system goes too lightly on offenders yet come right back with the idea that if guns were gone so would violent crime be gone also. Are you really that intellectually challenged to think that no guns will equal no violent crime?

But, as America grew up with guns, was won by civilians using guns, and still protects many gun owners' rights, I'm sure me and mine will be forever stuck ******* in the wind and screwing with gun forums.

And again you admit to your whole purpose being to screw with folks.

How convenient to forget that it was folks with GUNS! who freed this country from the tyranny of the rule of King George. How convenient to sit and exercise the freedom of speech that those folks with GUNS! gave to you as they died in horrible agony never to see another sunrise or smell freshly mowed hay or to gently kiss the lips of their lover after making love, while leaving their fathers, mothers, wives, and children behind to mourn the loss of the one they lost on the battlefield...

How despicably selfish of you to ignore the sacrifices of those who gave you all the wonderful things this country has to offer... just to push your myopic view of what you want life to be.

The real world will always have evil people .. with GUNS!.. whose sole purpose is to prey upon those folks who do not have guns.

Think about this for a moment. If all guns were suddenly outlawed and destroyed all around the world today... tomorrow criminals would begin making their own guns.. and the day after begin to prey on those who didn't make their own guns.

Sonny.... grow up inside your head a little, take a long and hard look at the real world instead of your wishful thinking pie in the sky "If only we could all get along" whiny BS....... then come back and play with the grown ups.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Post imported post

anti wrote:
    Our culture is not anywhere near an honour based system like that of some of the Asian countries. I know someone else brought up China's attacks recently, but I spent some time in South Korea where the police and military have the only firearms, and the system is a very honour-based system. They are taught to be, not an individual, but a member of a whole, moving forward for the greater good of Country and People. Some places (not many anymore) still sell Alcohol in vending machines - the countries age to drink is 18, and if you're younger than that, it's an honour call. they just don't buy it. I'm sure some do, but it still was very cool to talk to my students about it. They were ten-fifteen, and understood it was an adult thing and they would wait til they were adults as well.
    :quirky

You speak about that as if its a good thing. Do you really hate individualism that much?

The last thing we need are 15-year-olds who won't take the initiative to enjoy an alcohol beverage, because the borg told them not to. That is not the path to human advancement.

And I've never been impressed by "honor". I'll take a follower of the principle of non-aggression over an "honorable" person any day of the week.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast