• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ban ALL Guns

Status
Not open for further replies.

anti

imported post

Ban handguns in the USA
We don't need to possess handguns to be safe. People are being killed everyday because someone was allowed to own a handgun. It really shouldn't be that way. That is why I support a handgun ban, and am for stricter gun control laws. Only people in jobs that require handguns should have them (police, military, etc). It is their job to protect us, not ours.

marine77

imported post

anti wrote:
Ban handguns in the USA
We don't need to possess handguns to be safe. People are being killed everyday because someone was allowed to own a handgun. It really shouldn't be that way. That is why I support a handgun ban, and am for stricter gun control laws. Only people in jobs that require handguns should have them (police, military, etc). It is their job to protect us, not ours.

Better than taking all them rapists, robbers, etc. to court and letting them get off one

way or another.

Sabotage70

imported post

anti wrote:
Ban handguns in the USA
:quirky

Jay Gatz

imported post

anti wrote:
Ban handguns in the USA
<3 moron :banghead:

Let's see how many pages this troll gets to.

Brimstone Baritone

imported post

Now I'll argue with just about anyone, but is this one even trying? I wish we had an eye-roll smiley.

Short version, if you band handguns criminals will still have them. More people are being killed everyday by bad drivers, and driving isn't a right. Driving is a (supposedly) well regulated privilege. The Supreme Court has ruled that the police have no duty to protect you. The only one who is responsible for your safety is you. Even if the police did have a duty to protect you, when seconds count the police are minutes away.

Packer fan

imported post

anti wrote:
Ban handguns in the USA

Band all motor vehicles.

We don't need motor vehicles to transport people and things. More people are being killed every day in the US with motor vehicles than guns because someone is allowed to drive. It really shouldn't be that way. That is why I support a motor vehicle band, and stricter speed limits. Only people in jobs that requiremotor vehiclesshould be allowed to own motor vehicles (truck drivers, taxi cabs, etc.) It is their jobs to transport people and materials, not ours. I will go farther and say look at the damage and carbine foot prints that all privately owned motor vehicles produce. I go into a big city and I can't breath do to all the carbine emissions.

I Know, don't play with the fools but sometimes you just have to have fun and laugh. This post gave me a good laugh.

Thank you Anti for the good laugh. I know you can't be serious because we have Chicago as a good example of complete gun control.
:what:

marine77

imported post

mcdonalk wrote:
Now I'll argue with just about anyone, but is this one even trying? I wish we had an eye-roll smiley.
, and driving isn't a right. Driving is a (supposedly) well regulated privilege. The only one who is responsible for your safety is you.

whoa, now mcdonalk, there are a lot of people that would disagree with you on that,

but also the terminology would be different too. There is the right of free transpor-

tation. Although, i'm trying to get my mind around the idea myself. Apparently there

have been SCOTUS cases about it too, verifying that.

Didn't mean to steal the thread.

Brimstone Baritone

imported post

marine77 wrote:
whoa, now mcdonalk, there are a lot of people that would disagree with you on that,

but also the terminology would be different too. There is the right of free transpor-

tation. Although, i'm trying to get my mind around the idea myself. Apparently there

have been SCOTUS cases about it too, verifying that.

Didn't mean to steal the thread.
Free transportation is a right, sure. Driving on public highways paid for by tax dollars, where everyone is expected to follow the same general rules so the whole thing works smoothly... Not sure I can agree with you there.

But thanks. I'll look into the SCOTUS rulings. :)

Dreamer

imported post

"anti",

Welcome to ODCO, comrade.

You are right. When only the military and the police have guns, it makes the world a MUCH safer place.

We should ban all civilian-owned guns, and stop stalin the passage of more restrictive laws.

You're mao kinda guy...

Curmudgeon

imported post

jerkit.gif

DonM2

imported post

Ban handguns and you'll be able to buy a handgun on any street corner(the sameplace as "banned" drugs)

KansasMustang

imported post

anti wrote:
Ban handguns in the USA
You're funny, where you from? I think you need to take a walk in the south side of Chicago around midnight. Oh hell that's right, they've banned handguns there Ha! good luck troll...... Geez what a moron :cuss::cuss::cuss:

rscottie

imported post

When I read a post like this, I get a picture of a little hairy man, sitting in his mommies basement, giggling wildly as he types, hoping to tick off the evil gun owners. He's single, he's anti-gun, and he's angry.

Now, before I call him a TROLL, let's see if he will come back and (attempt to) defend his position!

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

anti wrote:
Ban handguns in the USA
HAHAHAHAHAHA...you slay me!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

anti wrote:
Ban handguns in the USA

Do you mind giving out your home address and phone number?

Status
Not open for further replies.