• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ban ALL Guns

Status
Not open for further replies.

anti

imported post

rscottie wrote:
When I read a post like this, I get a picture of a little hairy man, sitting in his mommies basement, giggling wildly as he types, hoping to tick off the evil gun owners. He's single, he's anti-gun, and he's angry.
Close, but Not quite, there RScottie. But in all seriousness and hypothetical thinking, you say that if a VA tech student were to have had a gun, or a collumbine teacher were to have had a gun (because in some states, like Utah, with a permit, even teachers can carry) then the senseless killings would never have taken place.

So, logically thinking, what would happen in a world without guns? People would run through the halls stabbing people? maybe. I know it's not something that will ever happen, but what if every gun was banned and removed and it worked (theoretically, because I may be a fat, hairy little giggly guy living with my mommy, but I'm not dumb enough to think a gun ban would ever work).

I understand there are times where guns save lives. I've seen and heard all the pictures and phrases about how close a rapist is to your daughter and if you would trust a condom, a cell phone dialing 911, or a gun to protect her the most. While I can see your point on those three, there are also deeper rooted issues with our society, which I can touch on, but which argument would be best suited to a different or place. We go too lightly on violent sexual predators, so with our system now, i can say - yes, a gun would be a better judgment than letting him go to court after the fact and watch him get off on some bullsh*t piece of evidence.

Our culture is not anywhere near an honour based system like that of some of the Asian countries. I know someone else brought up China's attacks recently, but I spent some time in South Korea where the police and military have the only firearms, and the system is a very honour-based system. They are taught to be, not an individual, but a member of a whole, moving forward for the greater good of Country and People. Some places (not many anymore) still sell Alcohol in vending machines - the countries age to drink is 18, and if you're younger than that, it's an honour call. they just don't buy it. I'm sure some do, but it still was very cool to talk to my students about it. They were ten-fifteen, and understood it was an adult thing and they would wait til they were adults as well.

While I do think their uniformity and conformity to be a little odd after having been taught to be myself and an individual all my life, it was amazing and heartbreaking to see how their people mourned the VA tech massacre because the assailant was Korean. I was there when it happened, and It seemed to be a blow to their people as a whole, and as a country. I saw a picture of the assailant on a newspaper and said I'd read about it on an American website, but asked a co-worker what it said in the Korean paper. He said he didn't want to know and told me it 'was sad because everyone South Korean represents their flag at all times." I didn't learn much Korean while I was there, so no, I don't know what their crime-rate is. Websites say MOST of their crime is pick-pocketing, purse snatching, assault, hotel room and residential burglary where tourists frequent.

My point was not to make fun or incite anger in the gun community, but as a troll - yes, a troll who has been looking at a few posts for a while, I wanted to see your real reactions to someone who has a, however naive and probably impossible thought and hope for a world without guns and violent crime. But, as America grew up with guns, was won by civilians using guns, and still protects many gun owners' rights, I'm sure me and mine will be forever stuck pissing in the wind and screwing with gun forums.

cm2624

imported post

anti wrote:
Ban handguns in the USA
We don't need to possess handguns to be safe. People are being killed everyday because someone was allowed to own a handgun. It really shouldn't be that way. That is why I support a handgun ban, and am for stricter gun control laws. Only people in jobs that require handguns should have them (police, military, etc). It is their job to protect us, not ours.
Hey anti, kiss my a@@!!!!!!!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

anti wrote:
rscottie wrote:
When I read a post like this, I get a picture of a little hairy man, sitting in his mommies basement, giggling wildly as he types, hoping to tick off the evil gun owners. He's single, he's anti-gun, and he's angry.
Close, but Not quite, there RScottie. But in all seriousness and hypothetical thinking, you say that if a VA tech student were to have had a gun, or a collumbine teacher were to have had a gun (because in some states, like Utah, with a permit, even teachers can carry) then the senseless killings would never have taken place.

So, logically thinking, what would happen in a world without guns? There is no logic in this statement. You cannot uninvent the gun. It is a simple machine that can be made easily. NAME ONE TIME IN HUMAN HISTORY WHERE A MACHINE OR DEVICE HAS BEEN UNIVENTED.
People would run through the halls stabbing people? maybe. You admit that evil exists. It has existed in all of mankinds time on this Earth and it will always be...
I know it's not something that will ever happen, Again you admit that 'Pandora's Box' exists and we will always have guns. but what if every gun was banned and removed and it worked (theoretically, because I may be a fat, hairy little giggly guy living with my mommy, but I'm not dumb enough to think a gun ban would ever work).

I understand there are times where guns save lives. You admit the truth. Have you ever been the victim of a violent crime?
I've seen and heard all the pictures and phrases about how close a rapist is to your daughter and if you would trust a condom, a cell phone dialing 911, or a gun to protect her the most. While I can see your point on those three, there are also deeper rooted issues with our society, That people are told to give away their dignity of assaulted? Just let the muggertake what he wants? Your dignity used to be worth defending.which I can touch on, but which argument would be best suited to a different or place.
We go too lightly on violent sexual predators, This is fundamental and this is the issue that is 'deeply rooted', so with our system now, i can say - yes, a gun would be a better judgment Again you admit the truth and you admit that you have a right to defend your dignity and your body and life. than letting him go to court after the fact and watch him get off on some bullsh*t piece of evidence.

Our culture is not anywhere near an honour based system like that of some of the Asian countries. Move.
I know someone else brought up China's attacks recently, but I spent some time in South Korea where the police and military have the only firearms, And gangs and criminals and the system is a very honour-based system.
They are taught to be, not an individual, but a member of a whole, moving forward for the greater good of Country and People. Move.
Some places (not many anymore) Because it didn't work still sell Alcohol in vending machines - the countries age to drink is 18, and if you're younger than that, it's an honour call. they just don't buy it. I'm sure some do, but it still was very cool to talk to my students about it. It is always cool to talk about fantasy.
They were ten-fifteen, and understood it was an adult thing and they would wait til they were adults as well. It is human nature to lie to an authority figure.

While I do think their uniformity and conformity to be a little odd after having been taught to be myself and an individual all my life, it was amazing and heartbreaking to see how their people mourned the VA tech massacre because the assailant was Korean. Emotions fill us all with pain and anguish. However, emotions are not the best way to make decisions.
I was there when it happened, and It seemed to be a blow to their people as a whole, and as a country. I saw a picture of the assailant on a newspaper and said I'd read about it on an American website, but asked a co-worker what it said in the Korean paper. He said he didn't want to know and told me it 'was sad because everyone South Korean represents their flag at all times." I didn't learn much Korean while I was there, so no, I don't know what their crime-rate is. Websites say MOST of their crime is pick-pocketing, purse snatching, assault, hotel room and residential burglary where tourists frequent. Human nature does not change.

My point was not to make fun or incite anger in the gun community, but as a troll - yes, a troll who has been looking at a few posts for a while, I wanted to see your real reactions to someone who has a, however naive and probably impossible thought and hope for a world without guns and violent crime. But, as America grew up with guns, was won by civilians using guns, and still protects many gun owners' rights, I'm sure me and mine will be forever stuck pissing in the wind and screwing with gun forums. Without those guns, a freeman on this earth would not exist.

B

Bikenut

imported post

anti wrote:
We go too lightly on violent sexual predators, so with our system now, i can say - yes, a gun would be a better judgment than letting him go to court after the fact and watch him get off on some bullsh*t piece of evidence.

-snip-

My point was not to make fun or incite anger in the gun community,

Yes, your point was most certainly to incite anger in the gun community. You came here to for the express purpose of seeing who you could piss off... so you, and your friends, could chortle in glee.

but as a troll - yes, a troll

And what does a troll do? Try to piss of folks for their own entertainment.

who has been looking at a few posts for a while, I wanted to see your real reactions to someone who has a, however naive and probably impossible thought and hope for a world without guns and violent crime.

You say above that our system goes too lightly on offenders yet come right back with the idea that if guns were gone so would violent crime be gone also. Are you really that intellectually challenged to think that no guns will equal no violent crime?

But, as America grew up with guns, was won by civilians using guns, and still protects many gun owners' rights, I'm sure me and mine will be forever stuck pissing in the wind and screwing with gun forums.

And again you admit to your whole purpose being to screw with folks.

How convenient to forget that it was folks with GUNS! who freed this country from the tyranny of the rule of King George. How convenient to sit and exercise the freedom of speech that those folks with GUNS! gave to you as they died in horrible agony never to see another sunrise or smell freshly mowed hay or to gently kiss the lips of their lover after making love, while leaving their fathers, mothers, wives, and children behind to mourn the loss of the one they lost on the battlefield...

How despicably selfish of you to ignore the sacrifices of those who gave you all the wonderful things this country has to offer... just to push your myopic view of what you want life to be.

The real world will always have evil people .. with GUNS!.. whose sole purpose is to prey upon those folks who do not have guns.

Think about this for a moment. If all guns were suddenly outlawed and destroyed all around the world today... tomorrow criminals would begin making their own guns.. and the day after begin to prey on those who didn't make their own guns.

Sonny.... grow up inside your head a little, take a long and hard look at the real world instead of your wishful thinking pie in the sky "If only we could all get along" whiny BS....... then come back and play with the grown ups.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

anti wrote:
Our culture is not anywhere near an honour based system like that of some of the Asian countries. I know someone else brought up China's attacks recently, but I spent some time in South Korea where the police and military have the only firearms, and the system is a very honour-based system. They are taught to be, not an individual, but a member of a whole, moving forward for the greater good of Country and People. Some places (not many anymore) still sell Alcohol in vending machines - the countries age to drink is 18, and if you're younger than that, it's an honour call. they just don't buy it. I'm sure some do, but it still was very cool to talk to my students about it. They were ten-fifteen, and understood it was an adult thing and they would wait til they were adults as well.
:quirky

You speak about that as if its a good thing. Do you really hate individualism that much?

The last thing we need are 15-year-olds who won't take the initiative to enjoy an alcohol beverage, because the borg told them not to. That is not the path to human advancement.

And I've never been impressed by "honor". I'll take a follower of the principle of non-aggression over an "honorable" person any day of the week.

acmariner99

imported post

anti wrote:
Ban handguns in the USA
We don't need to possess handguns to be safe. People are being killed everyday because someone was allowed to own a handgun. It really shouldn't be that way. That is why I support a handgun ban, and am for stricter gun control laws. Only people in jobs that require handguns should have them (police, military, etc). It is their job to protect us, not ours.

You are forgetting something: criminals don't care about the law at all. There are violent people out there everywhere. You admitted yourself that there is still crime in South Korea. Why? Because the criminals know that their victims are naive and can't protect themselves. And I don't give a rats a@@ about Korean or Japanese honor. That is their culture -- good for them. The United States was built on similar principles, working together to provide a better future for all Americans. And that future is ensured by smaller government, working hard, and standing up to the greedy, power hungry, and those who would have us bow to the Collective. I, an American Patriot, bow to NO ONE! I will stand firm if anyone anywhere seeks to initiate force against me or my loved ones, be it a petty criminal or an oppressive government. There is evil in the world and it cannot be regulated. There can only be justice -- and today that is not a courtroom. If someone threatens me I will respond and taking away my right to respond will not stop the perp from coming after me. Anti I tell you this -- go to England or back to South Korea. We Americans rally together around our flag just as they do. And I will stand for what our flag stands for proudly with my XD 45 strapped to my side and the only way anyone will take it from me is from my cold dead hands.

As the Texas Rebels said proudly when the Mexicans tried to take their arms: COME AND TAKE IT!!

brokenbarrel

imported post

anti wrote:
rscottie wrote:

So, logically thinking, what would happen in a world without guns? People would run through the halls stabbing people? maybe. I know it's not something that will ever happen, but what if every gun was banned and removed and it worked (theoretically, because I may be a fat, hairy little giggly guy living with my mommy, but I'm not dumb enough to think a gun ban would ever work).

I understand there are times where guns save lives. I've seen and heard all the pictures and phrases about how close a rapist is to your daughter and if you would trust a condom, a cell phone dialing 911, or a gun to protect her the most. While I can see your point on those three, there are also deeper rooted issues with our society, which I can touch on, but which argument would be best suited to a different or place. We go too lightly on violent sexual predators, so with our system now, i can say - yes, a gun would be a better judgment than letting him go to court after the fact and watch him get off on some bullsh*t piece of evidence.

While I do think their uniformity and conformity to be a little odd after having been taught to be myself and an individual all my life, it was amazing and heartbreaking to see how their people mourned the VA tech massacre because the assailant was Korean. I was there when it happened, and It seemed to be a blow to their people as a whole, and as a country. I saw a picture of the assailant on a newspaper and said I'd read about it on an American website, but asked a co-worker what it said in the Korean paper. He said he didn't want to know and told me it 'was sad because everyone South Korean represents their flag at all times." I didn't learn much Korean while I was there, so no, I don't know what their crime-rate is. Websites say MOST of their crime is pick-pocketing, purse snatching, assault, hotel room and residential burglary where tourists frequent.

My point was not to make fun or incite anger in the gun community, but as a troll - yes, a troll who has been looking at a few posts for a while, I wanted to see your real reactions to someone who has a, however naive and probably impossible thought and hope for a world without guns and violent crime. But, as America grew up with guns, was won by civilians using guns, and still protects many gun owners' rights, I'm sure me and mine will be forever stuck pissing in the wind and screwing with gun forums.
OK i was letting u talk until you killed it by saying that south Koreans had no guns-i was unfortunate enough to go to school with alot of them in California and seen all the homemade guns that they made in no time flat because their dads and uncles showed them how,i seen family pictures from Korea with big homemade gun,knife,bow,spear and club arsenals.Some even had homemade bazookas so your claim that citizens don't have weapons is a lie.Go to k-town(koreatown) in Los Angeles and ask the little gangsters how to make them...

Batousaii

imported post

Preface: In fact, under current light, we are not so dissimilar politically speaking than the Samurai were in the Meiji Restoration, especially in regards to how the government is trying to paint us to the people. This is why Iwill makesuch a deep comparison. They were, politically speaking, the "Right to keep and bear arms" group of old Japan, and were subsequently wiped off the face of the planet bya "new improved" government.-it was very violent, they were fighting for sovereignty and individual freedom.

Anti,

Well, the last post was at least a bit less abrasive than was the original, I felt the former deliberately incited a negative reaction. Now… RE: Asian Cultures: Having spent time in Japan (note my avatar), I do understand the premise of honor based systems, and myselfdeeply respect thoseways, I also Open Carry, and own firearms, including assault weapons. FOR COMPARISON: Let’s not forget, that many moons ago, the Samurai cast openly carried swords (modern weapon for the day), and kept the local civil laws. Also note that many Ronin openly carried swords, and were basically civilians, yet most remained civil, honorable, and believed in various forms of enlightenment, as the culture expected. Realize too, there were bad ones out for blood, murderers and villains that carried the same swords, and should the tool itself be addressed, or the individual? Take a historical note: that during the Meiji restoration, the ronin and Samurai cast were forced to give up their swords under punishment of death (and often ordered seppuku). The government change of the day was not as honorable or as civil as we would like to think, there was much bloodshed due to political change. Many of this once proud cast, later turned to crime thus forming the Yakuza, as the leading parties they served and protected for a thousand years now cast them out. Now dishonored by their former retainers, they chose to maintain an amount of social and political power, and still do to this day. Would it have been so bad to allow the Samurai and ronin to remain armed with their swords, as they have done for so long without fear they would randomly slash down innocent folks. They had never done before, why then would they do so if allowed to exist to this current day? This my friend, is the way of the world, and no matter we like it or not, there will always be violence in our world. To date, we have not yet achieved anything close to a Utopian culture. Though modern Japan, and other cultures, may seem to pursue it, even our own is not as bad as you might make it out to be, the fact remains, change can be brutal, cruel, violent, and not always favorable. Let’s look at Greece, or reflect on events leading to Russia’s change away from communism. Consider the events in Somalia, Gaza, Haiti and more. Let’s analyze China and North Korea. Many of these countries allow private firearms, but most mentioned do not, and some simply have not the power to enforce either way. Think for a minute, even in the most medicated and brainwashed Utopian (THX1138) future cultures, you will still have bad apples that will cause evil deeds, if not the controllers themselves. Also ask yourself, what level of freedom are you willing to give up to acquire a given level of utopia, and now ask, what then holds the controlling element (government) from progressing past your agreeable point? Once you have given up your only viable method of ensuring that a guarantee exists by way of equivalent measure (arms), you will then be at the mercy of whimsical and unpredictable forces of government powers. I am not saying the government would come kill us all, but I am saying that we would have zero control over the desires and fantasies of the groups who would put themselves in power. With that, law and rules could become so over bearing that we could easily end up owing servitude and debt to the established powers for anything they so desired. They could tax, fine, control funds with no consequence, and you would have no ability to dispute it. You say they would never be like that? Not possible you say? Ask yourself if you voted on a recent health bill? Or did you have any say on any of the recent diplomatic measure that may impact your pocket book, vote on any federal taxes lately? Did you have a chance to choose what laws are pressed against your fellow citizens, or even yourself? So – at last, I ask, what is the only viable means of ensuring the last dregs of freedom, or ensuring that we have a way to declare sovereignty should the powers become too oppressive, or even decide to cast aside the current government for something more in their favor that allows better control (to ensure your safety and civil obedience of course – everybody smile now). Hasn’t happened? Sounds ridiculous? Research the Meiji Restoration, not good enough? Didn’t we break from England less than 300 years ago, compare to the thousand year reigns of the Asian empires, I’d say that is fairly recent history would you not agree? Are we in America so stable and untouchable that these things could never happen to us? I wish, but we are all humans after all, same humans reside on the other side of this great blue ball. This is why most of us as firearm owners are so steadfast in our beliefs. We are the American ronin, the samurai cast, the knights in service of the Constitution…. We are Americans that believe in our sovereignty, our country, our communities. We are tired of being labeled and treated like criminals, extremists and outcasts. We are part of your community’s defense system, your neighbors, your customers, your citizens. This honor we speak of is already making a comeback, and it is not through the government, the hysterical fringe types, the gangs, or the common folks. It is we the protectors that will harbor and proclaim honor. We have more unity and voice than ever before. Those of us that carry are not out to scare anyone, or to intimidate the good people of this world. We are out to protect ourselves, our communities, and to say “enough is enough”. We want our neighborhoods free from gangs and criminals, we want our police to have a safer environment so they can take a more relaxed posture with good citizens, we want the government to realize that they should carry the mantra of “civil servant” with a humble pride, and know who the serve. We do not wish to go the same rout as the Japanese Samurai and ronin, that is a lesson we should watch very carefully, as that happened even more recently than our own revolution.

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

That’s us, you and me, …. It does not say “We the government” …. Live, Love it, protect it – or leave it.

:dude:Bat

Note: This is a personal opinion, and not all will agree with my exact stand or wording. I believe the concept to stronger than the words, and hope it will be read as such.

eye95

imported post

anti wrote:
I'm sure me and mine will be forever stuck pissing in the wind and screwing with gun forums.
What a miserable and sorry existence. You have my deepest sympathy. No more of my attention, by my sympathies. I hope someday you will find a way to lead a positive existence rather than a negative one based upon the lives of others.

okboomer

imported post

anti,

Why do you fear my gun? I am a licensed Concealed Carry gun owner who has proven by a National, State and Local background check that I am and have been a fine, upstanding, law abiding citizen. I have undertaken the responsibility of carrying a loaded lethal weapon, so to support that, I have also attended private, certified pistol classes designed (and certified by the same law enforcement agency that oversees all the LEO training in my state) to enhance my gun handling ability and knowledge of local laws. This training also covers different scenarios taken from the headlines in which a private citizen with a gun could have made a difference in the body count ... such as the Luby's Restaurant Massacre, or Columbine, or Virginia Tech, or the Waffle House in Kennesaw, Ga ... oh, wait, two armed citizens, open carrying, sitting at the counter DID prevent the armed robbery.

Your irrational fear of my inanimate object is not good enough to restrict my Right to carry a gun. Yourfear of a law abidingcitizen with a gun does not support the abolition of all guns. You sir, are an irrational, fearful, illogical person who has let other's do your thinking for you and let them give you your political opinions. Why, then should we engage you in discourse? We are willing to engage you in discourse in the hopes that you will broaden your horizons and experience a firearm first hand. We also hope that by welcoming you into our 'gun culture' forumyou will learn that most gun owners are not fanatics and that we take the responsibility of carrying a lethal weapon with the utmost attention to safety, yours and ours.

Your allusion to the 'honor code' that Asian cultures live by does not have anything to do with America. We are a nation of Individuals. We are different from every other nation in the world. And, because we do not comply with the accepted norm of Europe or Asia, we are chastised and told we are wrong-headed about guns. Bushwah! Every one of those countries have been ruled by Tyrants and despots in their recent historyand are still ruled by the same laws ... ultimate and absolute surrender to a central government authority. This has relaxed in the last 60 years due to the bright and shining example of the United States of America. This is only possible because of the sacrifice of the US Military and the personal sacrifices of the American Citizens. You don't have to take my word for it ... go to Normandy and visit the American Military Cemetarys there, go and talk to the old folks there. Talk to the old WWII Veteran's here in the US and they will tell you to your face how wrong-headed you are.

It is not hyperbole when I say to you, if not for the precise and timely application of deadly force by the American Military during WWII, you would be speaking German or Japanese today, along with the rest of the world!

You are a product of the socalized American education system, so I do not chastise you for your views. I challenge you to question that education and complete your education by reading books that were not included in the approved reading lists given to you at college. Watch Glenn Beck, listen to Rush Limbaugh, read Ann Coulter and Dick Morris. Do not fall into lock-step with their opinions, but understand what the real debate in this country is about. It is not about guns, it is about power and who will be in control of that power in the future. The future is being decided now and we are in a fight to rival the American Revolution, WWI, WWII, and both Gulf Wars ... our American Way of Life is under attack from without and within. We have avowed Socialists in control of the American Government and Extremists on the attack using the Muslim Religion as cover and a recruiting ground. I will take 10 Timothy McVeigh's and 200 David Koresh's, Randy Weaver's and Kevin Harris'over the Terrorist Extremists any day of the week. I will not explain this to you, but I challenge you to understand these people and consider why they are more desirable than Al Qaida and the Taliban and why the last two are so much more dangerous to the American Way than the first four. (Please note that I have not said I condone the actions of TMcV, but I understand his position and why it drove him to the action he took.)

Mr H

imported post

While I will gladly support your choice to NOT own, I would ask if you are willing to place a sign in your window announcing the fact???

The vast majority of gun violence has to do with "illegal" (in various forms) weapons. This is true whether in Chicago, Baltimore, DC, L.A., wherever.

Law-abiding gun owners tend to be better informed, trained, aware, and cautious about all aspect of their weaponry.

The remainder of gun incidents are either accidents or stupidents. Proper handling, instruction, and storage would reduce, IMO, 95%+ of those, thus rendering the statistic negligible.

Guns are not the problem. CRIMINALS WITH GUNS are the problem, and taking them out of the hands of the law-abiding is (no offense intended) idiotic.

CrimsonSoul

imported post

marshaul wrote:
anti wrote:
So, logically thinking, what would happen in a world without guns? People would run through the halls stabbing people? maybe.
Apparently so.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5i-Xzk2MqUHta_aLE4xjENLf-bfoAD9FFQ8980

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum12/43518.html

Marshul you forgot about the guy in China that went around stabbing 28 kids and 3 adults in a China Kindergarten.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2010-04-29-china-children-stabbed_N.htm

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ooh, good point.

Check out the "DEADLY SCHOOL ATTACKS IN CHINA" section.

Looks like China has had a literal slew of knife-wielding rampages, resulting in no shortage of fatalities. Two in particular:

March 23, 2010: Zheng Minsheng, 42, killed eight children in a knife attack at the Nanping Experimental Elementary School in south China's Fujian province. Zheng was executed April 28.

Nov. 25, 2004: Yan Yiming, 21, broke into a Chinese high school dormitory and stabbed nine boys to death in Ruzhou, Henan province. Yan's mother turned him in to police after he attempted suicide on the day following the attack. He was executed two months later.

These massacres are of the same order of magnitude as Columbine! Hardly something to sneeze at..

Apparently, Columbine would have happened even in the fantasy world of no guns. Since it's a fantasy anyway, WTF is the point of considering it?

The whole notion of gun control (or most any societal "control") just because more and more ludicrous every single day I live, with every experience I have, every fact I learn. It's a complete diversion from the real issues of mental health which drive people to commit crimes like these; crimes which apparently would still be occurring if we had wasted the time irrelevantly banning guns.

Tomahawk

imported post

eye95 wrote:
anti wrote:
I'm sure me and mine will be forever stuck pissing in the wind and screwing with gun forums.
What a miserable and sorry existence. You have my deepest sympathy. No more of my attention, by my sympathies. I hope someday you will find a way to lead a positive existence rather than a negative one based upon the lives of others.

LOL, to paraphrase George Orwell:

Imagine a man pissing in his own face. Forever.

Holy crap, anti, please, please, keep posting, this is killing me!

rofl5.gif

rscottie

imported post

anti wrote:
rscottie wrote:
Close, but Not quite, there RScottie. <snip>
Close you say....hmmmm, was I wrong about the "little" part?

Dreamer

imported post

anti wrote:
Our culture is not anywhere near an honour based system like that of some of the Asian countries. I know someone else brought up China's attacks recently, but I spent some time in South Korea where the police and military have the only firearms, and the system is a very honour-based system. They are taught to be, not an individual, but a member of a whole, moving forward for the greater good of Country and People.

Yes, let us look at the shining examples of peace, human rights, and community spirit that Asian culture had given the world...
  • The Rape of Nanking in WWII
  • The Khmer Rouge
  • The massacre of Tibetans by the Chinese government
  • The "Hanoi Hilton" during the Vietnam war
  • Tiananmen Square
  • Sex Trafficking and "Sex Tourism" prostitution of minors in Thailand
  • "Honor killings" of women in Indonesia, Burma, and Malaysia
  • Slave labor in India's bauxite mining industry
  • Use of children forced to serve in combat in Sri Lanka's military
  • etc, etc, etc...
Yeah, let's hold up Asian cultures as shining examples of orderly, well-behaved societies...

Let us also remember that most of these nations have official policies where the ONLY people who may legally own firearms are the police and military...
‘‘Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.’’
— Mahatma Ghandi, "Gandhi, An Autobiography", page 446

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Dreamer wrote:
anti wrote:
Our culture is not anywhere near an honour based system like that of some of the Asian countries. I know someone else brought up China's attacks recently, but I spent some time in South Korea where the police and military have the only firearms, and the system is a very honour-based system. They are taught to be, not an individual, but a member of a whole, moving forward for the greater good of Country and People.

Yes, let us look at the shining examples of peace, human rights, and community spirit that Asian culture had given the world...
Yeah, let's hold up Asian cultures as shining examples of orderly, well-behaved societies...

Let us also remember that most of these nations have official policies where the ONLY people who may legally own firearms are the police and military...
‘‘Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.’’
— Mahatma Ghandi, "Gandhi, An Autobiography", page 446
For those of you who may not be knowledgeable of this particular event I strongly suggest you study it well... especially those who would remove firearms from a nation's people.

Status
Not open for further replies.