• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kimber Pro-Carry II

groovedrummer

imported post

Well,

its 1/2 of an inch shorter than a standard commander 1911....

so its pretty much just a good ol modern style commander 1911.

Its from Kimber, so theres a pretty damn good chance that its gonna work the way its supposed to.

I dont really understand what you mean by a good open carry gun...

when it comes to open carry, it really doesn't matter what your carrying as long as you like it.

CC is where things can get tricky.

*shrugs*

Nikki_Black

Saint Francisville, Louisiana, United States
imported post

ItTakesAWolf wrote:
Well,

its 1/2 of an inch shorter than a standard commander 1911....

so its pretty much just a good ol modern style commander 1911.

Its from Kimber, so theres a pretty damn good chance that its gonna work the way its supposed to.

I dont really understand what you mean by a good open carry gun...

when it comes to open carry, it really doesn't matter what your carrying as long as you like it.

CC is where things can get tricky.

*shrugs*
What I had meant is, is it big enough to carry.
Doesn't matter now though. Haha. I couldn't pass up the deal. I realized something when I held the gun; it's pretty much the same size as the XD45 Service model that I had.

open4years

imported post

I have one. It is .45 caliber and that is certainly a decent round. It is suited for both OC and CC. Concealed carry as it is shorter than a full size 1911. I consider it a well made gun, at least mine is, so yes

goforlow

imported post

I have an "Ultra Carry II" and carry it often. The "Ultra" is a 3" barreled version 1911. At 20yds, no rest, I have not problem shooting 5" 7 round groups with it.

I love my Kimber!

open4years

imported post

goforlow wrote:
I have an "Ultra Carry II" and carry it often.  The "Ultra" is a 3" barreled version 1911.  At 20yds, no rest, I have not problem shooting 5" 7 round groups with it.

I love my Kimber!

A big ditto on your last comment!

exp15

imported post

I have one, it's a very nice gun and yes I do open carry it. The gun is an awsome open carry gun, it's lighter and slightly smaller than a full size but doesn't really sacrifice accuracy, quality, or magcapacity. I did have one problem with the shells ejecting in my face so I sent it back to Kimber, they paid for shipping both ways and in about 1 week I had it back plus they reduced the trigger pull, detailed it, and sent me a free 7rd magazine! I have nothing but good things to say about the gun!

erichonda30

Banned
imported post

exp15 wrote:
I have one, it's a very nice gun and yes I do open carry it. The gun is an awsome open carry gun, it's lighter and slightly smaller than a full size but doesn't really sacrifice accuracy, quality, or magcapacity. I did have one problem with the shells ejecting in my face so I sent it back to Kimber, they paid for shipping both ways and in about 1 week I had it back plus they reduced the trigger pull, detailed it, and sent me a free 7rd magazine! I have nothing but good things to say about the gun!
how did that happen? did they say why it was doing that
?

exp15

imported post

erichonda30 wrote:
exp15 wrote:
how did that happen? did they say why it was doing that
?
They replaced the extractor and that fixed the problem so something to do with that, also they sent me an extra mag, to make sure the problem was with the extractor and not with the magazine.