Thread: NV Set to Honor NM CCW Permits

Post imported post

Nevada set to honor New Mexico CCW permits.

Not sure if effective immediately or July 1, 2010. At this point we state July 1, until we know for sure.

www.stillwaterfirearms.org/Pages/CCW_FAQ.php

It should show up soon at www.nvrepository.state.nv.us/ccw_changes.shtml

Post imported post

Great News!

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

Effective immediately.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/nevada.pdf

Steve Aikens

Confused

Quote Originally Posted by steveaikens View Post
    Effective immediately.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/nevada.pdf

Steve Aikens
    The link you refer to says NM doesn't accept NV permits. At least that's what I get.
    I'm sure you know better than I but, is there something in writing that I could read, print and hold onto if I need to quote from it? I'm not doubting you, just trying to cover my own arse as it where. I'm planing a move to NM and would like to use my NV permit until my NM permit comes through.

Thanks

Hey, Steve A

I emailed the Ohio Attorney General's Office to ask why they do not honor NM CCW permits, while NM does honor Ohio permits. I was surprised to get a phone call from the AG's staff within a 1/2 hour. He responded that Ohio requires a reciprocity agreement and that NM DPS was "working on it", but they were also "working on it" for a number of states -- 18 or so. The NM DPS website also mentions this effort.

Any idea, Steve, on how this process is coming? I have family in Ohio and make frequent visits, so have a vested interest in moving this along.

Opt-Out Members
    Quote Originally Posted by Holey 1 View Post
    The link you refer to says NM doesn't accept NV permits.

Thanks
    That's is correct. The title of this thread is "NV Set to Honor NM CCW Permits", not "NM Set to Honor NV CCW Permits". As stated on the pages referenced - NV recognizes NM. At this time, NM does not recognize NV permits.

Opt-Out Members
    Quote Originally Posted by NMBill View Post
    I emailed the Ohio Attorney General's Office to ask why they do not honor NM CCW permits, while NM does honor Ohio permits. I was surprised to get a phone call from the AG's staff within a 1/2 hour. He responded that Ohio requires a reciprocity agreement and that NM DPS was "working on it", but they were also "working on it" for a number of states -- 18 or so. The NM DPS website also mentions this effort.

Any idea, Steve, on how this process is coming? I have family in Ohio and make frequent visits, so have a vested interest in moving this along.
    The Ohio AG is correct. NM is reviewing the states it currently honors and working to secure recipricol agreements with those, and other states.

As to how the process is is moving forward - well, the best I can tell you is this is a bureaucratic process. I don't have any immediate expectations, one way or the other.

Thanks...

...for the info.