• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NV Set to Honor NM CCW Permits

Holey 1

Confused

The link you refer to says NM doesn't accept NV permits. At least that's what I get.
I'm sure you know better than I but, is there something in writing that I could read, print and hold onto if I need to quote from it? I'm not doubting you, just trying to cover my own arse as it where. I'm planing a move to NM and would like to use my NV permit until my NM permit comes through.

Thanks

NMBill

Hey, Steve A

I emailed the Ohio Attorney General's Office to ask why they do not honor NM CCW permits, while NM does honor Ohio permits. I was surprised to get a phone call from the AG's staff within a 1/2 hour. He responded that Ohio requires a reciprocity agreement and that NM DPS was "working on it", but they were also "working on it" for a number of states -- 18 or so. The NM DPS website also mentions this effort.

Any idea, Steve, on how this process is coming? I have family in Ohio and make frequent visits, so have a vested interest in moving this along.

steveaikens

Opt-Out Members
I emailed the Ohio Attorney General's Office to ask why they do not honor NM CCW permits, while NM does honor Ohio permits. I was surprised to get a phone call from the AG's staff within a 1/2 hour. He responded that Ohio requires a reciprocity agreement and that NM DPS was "working on it", but they were also "working on it" for a number of states -- 18 or so. The NM DPS website also mentions this effort.

Any idea, Steve, on how this process is coming? I have family in Ohio and make frequent visits, so have a vested interest in moving this along.
The Ohio AG is correct. NM is reviewing the states it currently honors and working to secure recipricol agreements with those, and other states.

As to how the process is is moving forward - well, the best I can tell you is this is a bureaucratic process. I don't have any immediate expectations, one way or the other.