Thread: Open Carry Trash Pickup!!!!!

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

Ok fellas, here is round two of our open carry Maine movement. We will be having an open carry trash pickup in and around back cove on Saturday the 15th. Please bring properly holstered handguns and trash bags! Wives, children... everyone is welcome! After the trash pickup I think it would be nice if we all went somewhere to eat. The time of this event will be 2pm same as last time. We will meet at the Preble Street parking lot again (same place as the bbq) and we will help clean up Back Cove! Hope to see you all there! If you have any questions please feel free to email me shanebelanger@gmail.com also, please RSVP if you plan on coming to this event!

Thanks,
    Shane Belanger

**PS** BIG THINGS ARE IN THE PLANS FOR THIS SUMMER! Open Carry Maine is just starting to get it's feet wet fellas!

PPS: I EXPECT there to be no rebel flags or long guns or mounted machine guns etc. Remember, properly holstered handguns keep your political movements at home please, that's not why we are doing this. If you do show up with something that I do not deem suitable you will be asked to leave. I think that I should have asked a few people to leave the bbq but I didn't and we got some bad press for it. I will be much more vigilant in the removal of people who do not understand the reason that some of us are working so hard at this.

Post imported post

sweet. I'll be there!

Post imported post

im in

Post imported post

i and my family are always in !!

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

So for a running total we currently have 6 which is including my father and I! I'm not sure if I said this in the first post but I am not going to tell the press about this. Opinions? (Although I do have some people in the press that *I think* genuinely like me and asked me to tell them if we were going to do anything else)

Post imported post

tell the press the more the public is aware the better i think
    people need to get over the fear of guns

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

It's the 15th fellas, not the 22nd. Sorry for the mistake. It's finals week and I'm stressin. Doing 50 things at once over here.

Thanks,
    Shane Belanger

Post imported post

well bro if i can find a way to get my happy bum there lol then ill be there. level 3 retention concidered "proper" :-p

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

jay75009 wrote:
    well bro if i can find a way to get my happy bum there lol then ill be there. level 3 retention concidered "proper" :-p
    come with your dad?! Maybe we can get a carpool going?

Post imported post

haha maybe. except my dad is a tree hugging hippie loving anti-gun activist.........might not be the best idea to bring him lol

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

Where do you live? Gf?

Post imported post

saco lol and gf is going back to VT tomorrow. and my car well lets just say it would be highly illegal to drive due to the lack of registration or insurance haha

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

Just so everyone knows, if it rains we're still meeting at the same place at the same time and we'll just all go have a nice OC lunch together.

Post imported post

This bites!! Sorry but I won't be there. I just found out about this when I read the paper at work Friday. I also work Saturdays. Shane, are you on FB yet? Having a fan page there might get the word out more efficiently and seeing an event will give a better heads up. I'd be there for Sundays as well as my brother if he doesn't have guards. I'd like to see what's planned for the summer. Maybe do these sort of things in other towns? How about a car wash the the money going to a charity ? Another BBQ maybe? lol Anyhow, I'll check back. Hope there's a Face Book page soon..
    Have fun and wish we could have added our pistols to the clean up event.. Keep up the good work.

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

Patsfan wrote:
    This bites!! Sorry but I won't be there. I just found out about this when I read the paper at work Friday. I also work Saturdays. Shane, are you on FB yet? Having a fan page there might get the word out more efficiently and seeing an event will give a better heads up. I'd be there for Sundays as well as my brother if he doesn't have guards. I'd like to see what's planned for the summer. Maybe do these sort of things in other towns? How about a car wash the the money going to a charity ? Another BBQ maybe? lol Anyhow, I'll check back. Hope there's a Face Book page soon..
    Have fun and wish we could have added our pistols to the clean up event.. Keep up the good work.
    Facebook group = Maine Open Carry... website = in the works

You could also add me as a friend on facebook :-)

Post imported post

Sounds good. Looking forward to the Face Book group invite. I'll see if I can find you Shane ,thanks.