• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Trash Pickup!!!!!

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Ok fellas, here is round two of our open carry Maine movement. We will be having an open carry trash pickup in and around back cove on Saturday the 15th. Please bring properly holstered handguns and trash bags! Wives, children... everyone is welcome! After the trash pickup I think it would be nice if we all went somewhere to eat. The time of this event will be 2pm same as last time. We will meet at the Preble Street parking lot again (same place as the bbq) and we will help clean up Back Cove! Hope to see you all there! If you have any questions please feel free to email me shanebelanger@gmail.com also, please RSVP if you plan on coming to this event!

Thanks,
Shane Belanger

**PS** BIG THINGS ARE IN THE PLANS FOR THIS SUMMER! Open Carry Maine is just starting to get it's feet wet fellas!

PPS: I EXPECT there to be no rebel flags or long guns or mounted machine guns etc. Remember, properly holstered handguns keep your political movements at home please, that's not why we are doing this. If you do show up with something that I do not deem suitable you will be asked to leave. I think that I should have asked a few people to leave the bbq but I didn't and we got some bad press for it. I will be much more vigilant in the removal of people who do not understand the reason that some of us are working so hard at this.

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

So for a running total we currently have 6 which is including my father and I! I'm not sure if I said this in the first post but I am not going to tell the press about this. Opinions? (Although I do have some people in the press that *I think* genuinely like me and asked me to tell them if we were going to do anything else)

jay75009

imported post

saco lol and gf is going back to VT tomorrow. and my car well lets just say it would be highly illegal to drive due to the lack of registration or insurance haha

Patsfan

imported post

This bites!! Sorry but I won't be there. I just found out about this when I read the paper at work Friday. I also work Saturdays. Shane, are you on FB yet? Having a fan page there might get the word out more efficiently and seeing an event will give a better heads up. I'd be there for Sundays as well as my brother if he doesn't have guards. I'd like to see what's planned for the summer. Maybe do these sort of things in other towns? How about a car wash the the money going to a charity ? Another BBQ maybe? lol Anyhow, I'll check back. Hope there's a Face Book page soon..
Have fun and wish we could have added our pistols to the clean up event.. Keep up the good work.

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Patsfan wrote:
This bites!! Sorry but I won't be there. I just found out about this when I read the paper at work Friday. I also work Saturdays. Shane, are you on FB yet? Having a fan page there might get the word out more efficiently and seeing an event will give a better heads up. I'd be there for Sundays as well as my brother if he doesn't have guards. I'd like to see what's planned for the summer. Maybe do these sort of things in other towns? How about a car wash the the money going to a charity ? Another BBQ maybe? lol Anyhow, I'll check back. Hope there's a Face Book page soon..
Have fun and wish we could have added our pistols to the clean up event.. Keep up the good work.
Facebook group = Maine Open Carry... website = in the works

You could also add me as a friend on facebook :)

Patsfan

imported post

Sounds good. Looking forward to the Face Book group invite. I'll see if I can find you Shane ,thanks.