Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • the high-noon "sky high"

3 50.00%
  • the high-noon "side effect"

3 50.00%

Thread: help me decide on a holster

Post imported post

im looking to buy a high-noon holster to OC my CZ 75 SP-01 with. the two i like are the "side effect" and the "sky high". my dilemas are:

"side effect": this is basically what i want in a holster but the single loop design does worry me a little. my experiance with single loop holsters is that they tend to move around on my belt when sit/stand or climb in/out of my truck which is annoying and requires that i shift the holster often. (http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod...de_effect.html)

"sky high": my worry with this holster is that the SP-01 is a rather long pistol with a very long beaver tail. i fear the pistol would ride a little too high potentially jabbing me in the side or arm and just overall getting in the way. also i have no experiance drawing from a holster like this which naturally makes me nervous. (http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod..._sky_high.html)

any experiance you have with these holsters would be very helpfull!

thank you, Matt

Hubert (One-Slow County), North Carolina, USA

Post imported post

I have to say that i find the single loop on my OC holster is a benefit. when im in my car i push it all they way to my right side, and when i get out i slide it forward into an almost cross-draw positionin my front right corner

Post imported post

5 people have voted but onley one person has given an opinion... common people id like some help making this choice!

i wish there was some way i could try out these holsters before spending a ton of $$ on em. but since that isnt possible i figured id choose based on other peoples experiance.

thanks, Matt

Post imported post

I don't like either one.
    Perhaps if you would use a real computer you wouldn't have to apologize for not being able to do so many things on the internet!

Post imported post

jeeper1 wrote:
    I don't like either one.
    i dont have to much of a choice when it comes to holsters... the SP-01 just isnt a very common pistol. i onley know of a few companies that produce holsters for it and these are the onley two nice ones that have level 1 retention. (that ive been able to find)

if you know of another level 1 holster that is made for the CZ 75 SP-01, please let me know.

-matt

Post imported post

I did not vote because I use a OWB/IWB Littlebearholster which trimmed with shark skin. I love this holster as it allows for both concealed carry as well as open carry. In fact I can make this holster even a tuckable. I would recommend you touch base with Dave Galloway with Littlebear Holsters. He made me this holster for my Stoeger Cougar.

http://littlebearholsters.com/

Post imported post

Post imported post

Matt85 wrote:
    5 people have voted but onley one person has given an opinion... common people id like some help making this choice!

i wish there was some way i could try out these holsters before spending a ton of $$ on em. but since that isnt possible i figured id choose based on other peoples experiance.

thanks, Matt
    You said that only five voted and one gave their opinion. I didn't realize you wanted a vote here. Did you want us to chose a holster from only the two you mentioned, then state why we think that one is the right choice?

Post imported post

My goof. I didn't scroll high enough to see the 'election ballet.'. My mistake, sorry. Why I didn't vote is that I have no experience with those two holsters. Unless you have tried ALL holsters in that category, you might get more response making a post asking what is the best OWB holster?

My 2 cents