• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

help me decide on a holster

which holster would you recomend for OCing a large pistol

• the high-noon "sky high"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • the high-noon "side effect"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Matt85

imported post

im looking to buy a high-noon holster to OC my CZ 75 SP-01 with. the two i like are the "side effect" and the "sky high". my dilemas are:

"side effect": this is basically what i want in a holster but the single loop design does worry me a little. my experiance with single loop holsters is that they tend to move around on my belt when sit/stand or climb in/out of my truck which is annoying and requires that i shift the holster often. (http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/_Side_Effect/_side_effect.html)

"sky high": my worry with this holster is that the SP-01 is a rather long pistol with a very long beaver tail. i fear the pistol would ride a little too high potentially jabbing me in the side or arm and just overall getting in the way. also i have no experiance drawing from a holster like this which naturally makes me nervous. (http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/_Sky_High/_sky_high.html)

any experiance you have with these holsters would be very helpfull!

thank you, Matt

Morh

Hubert (One-Slow County), North Carolina, USA
imported post

I have to say that i find the single loop on my OC holster is a benefit. when im in my car i push it all they way to my right side, and when i get out i slide it forward into an almost cross-draw positionin my front right corner

Matt85

imported post

5 people have voted but onley one person has given an opinion... common people id like some help making this choice!

i wish there was some way i could try out these holsters before spending a ton of $$ on em. but since that isnt possible i figured id choose based on other peoples experiance.

thanks, Matt

Matt85

imported post

jeeper1 wrote:
I don't like either one.

i dont have to much of a choice when it comes to holsters... the SP-01 just isnt a very common pistol. i onley know of a few companies that produce holsters for it and these are the onley two nice ones that have level 1 retention. (that ive been able to find)

if you know of another level 1 holster that is made for the CZ 75 SP-01, please let me know.

-matt

JBPDXOR

imported post

I did not vote because I use a OWB/IWB Littlebearholster which trimmed with shark skin. I love this holster as it allows for both concealed carry as well as open carry. In fact I can make this holster even a tuckable. I would recommend you touch base with Dave Galloway with Littlebear Holsters. He made me this holster for my Stoeger Cougar.

http://littlebearholsters.com/

open4years

imported post

Matt85 wrote:
5 people have voted but onley one person has given an opinion... common people id like some help making this choice!

i wish there was some way i could try out these holsters before spending a ton of $$ on em. but since that isnt possible i figured id choose based on other peoples experiance.

thanks, Matt

You said that only five voted and one gave their opinion. I didn't realize you wanted a vote here. Did you want us to chose a holster from only the two you mentioned, then state why we think that one is the right choice?

open4years

imported post

My goof. I didn't scroll high enough to see the 'election ballet.'. My mistake, sorry. Why I didn't vote is that I have no experience with those two holsters. Unless you have tried ALL holsters in that category, you might get more response making a post asking what is the best OWB holster?

My 2 cents