Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else receiving tons of spam from jpierce@speedscape.com ?

Post imported post

I've been received 1000s of message from jpierce@speedscape.com that appear to be forum message receipts. I've added the address to my spam registry as I've requested it be stopped many times with no response.

Post imported post

Whenever you make a post there is a checkbox that says [x] notify me by email when replies are posted to this topic. Uncheck that box when posting. Most other forum software you can enable/disable that in your settings once, instead of having to uncheck it every time you post.
    "I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

Post imported post

I too am getting blasted.. I chose to filter it by subject so that I still receive PM notifications.

And that check box you are reffering to Fozzy has nothing to do with it as I was getting notifications on threads I had never posted in or even looked at.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

fozzy71 wrote:
    Whenever you make a post there is a checkbox that says [x] notify me by email when replies are posted to this topic. Uncheck that box when posting. Most other forum software you can enable/disable that in your settings once, instead of having to uncheck it every time you post.
    Mine has been unchecked for a very long time. Still receiving 1000s of spam emails from jpierce!!! These are also coming from threads I've never seen!

Post imported post

Top Right hit "My Account"
    Then hit "Preferences" button above the forum title bar
    To the right of "Miscellaneous:" uncheck the first box for "Always notify by e-mail when replies posted to topics you participated in"
    Click "save" button

Post imported post

Also check under "Watched Forums" and "Watched Topics" to see what is checked.

Post imported post

Guys I know I have checked all settings and I have nothing checked except that I want notifications of PM's

This just started one day with no warning.. shoot I hadn't changed any settings since I made my account.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

I'm not watching any of these threads. We are not the only people this happening to. There are 5 just from the people I know from OCDO.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

This happened to me last week. I PM John about itand it stopped. I suggest you all do the same. I suspect it's a glitch.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Matter of fact I've checked my account settings and IT"S NOT EVEN COMING IN ON MY REGISTERED EMAIL ADDRESS. I've been in contact with John on my personal email account and thats where the spams are being sent!

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    This happened to me last week.* I PM John about it*and it stopped.* I suggest you all do the same.* I suspect it's a glitch.
    I've tried to contact him several times including PM on here and no response an over a week of spam 1000s of emails! This is not acceptable.

Banned

Post imported post

Savage.Detroit wrote:
    Top Right hit "My Account"
    Then hit "Preferences" button above the forum title bar
    To the right of "Miscellaneous:" uncheck the first box for "Always notify by e-mail when replies posted to topics you participated in"
    Click "save" button

This is only way I think to get notifies for posts. This is how i get mine. When I register. Maybe there is another way. I do not know.

Post imported post

mikestilly wrote:
    fozzy71 wrote:
    Mine has been unchecked for a very long time. Still receiving 1000s of spam emails from jpierce!!! These are also coming from threads I've never seen!
    mine is unchecked,it worked for about 2 hours.

on average i recieve 900 emails a month from OCDO.(i currently have about 13,000 unread messages in inbox)

mike you just reminded me,i can make that an address which is spam,saving my inbox!
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Banned

Post imported post

Happened to me last week. I changed my password, and PMed Jpierce, It slowed down, but Ill still get a notification from threads I haven't seen before. Not much of a problem now.

But what happened?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

This has not happened to me at all nor to anyone I've talked to locally.

Looks like some are having either "feast or famine" re notifications.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned

Post imported post

I have occasionally received multiple notifications for the same poster. And I have not received notifications for threads I wanted to hear from.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

This explains a lot.

Banned poster/user spamming OCDO.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...highlight=spam

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Regular Member American Boy With a Gun's Avatar

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    This explains a lot.

Banned poster/user spamming OCDO.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...highlight=spam

Yata hey
    ^^ What he said lol.....i only get a few messages here and there....but i always delete my entire inbox anyways....look thru right quick, if theres nothing from anyone i actually know, or expect to hear from.... check all.....delete
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams, 1776

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject

Post imported post

still recieving an average of 30-90 a day,luckily they are now all going to my spam folder!

Post imported post

I wonder if it would be possible to use the "forgot password" feature of the forum to access all the accounts that are set to spam your email. I'm not sure it will work but its worth a try.

logout
    click login
    click forgot password
    enter your email address.

you should now get an email allowing you to change the password on your account.
    if there is multiple accounts you should see the account names in the links.
    If this works you should be able to change the password on the spam account(s) and login to that account and kill the subscribed threads.

Post imported post

Michigun wrote:
    I wonder if it would be possible to use the "forgot password" feature of the forum to access all the accounts that are set to spam your email. I'm not sure it will work but its worth a try.

logout
    click login
    click forgot password
    enter your email address.

you should now get an email allowing you to change the password on your account.
    if there is multiple accounts you should see the account names in the links.
    If this works you should be able to change the password on the spam account(s) and login to that account and kill the subscribed threads.
    Freakin fabulas idea!
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Banned

Post imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
    still recieving an average of 30-90 a day,luckily they are now all going to my spam folder!
    That's because you post in so many forums. You have to uncheck the watch box.

Post imported post

my box is unchecked.

when it was checked i received about 3X what i am now.

Post imported post

This is NOT happening BC of any setting we have changed but rather BC someone has made accounts and pointed them at our email address's.

John has pointed out who and that is all I have to say about that.

Banned

Post imported post

So all someone needs to do is creat an account mask an IP to looks like someone elses and aim the notification to another person's email address?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast