• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone else receiving tons of spam from jpierce@speedscape.com ?

fozzy71

imported post

Whenever you make a post there is a checkbox that says [x] notify me by email when replies are posted to this topic. Uncheck that box when posting. Most other forum software you can enable/disable that in your settings once, instead of having to uncheck it every time you post.

autosurgeon

imported post

I too am getting blasted.. I chose to filter it by subject so that I still receive PM notifications.

And that check box you are reffering to Fozzy has nothing to do with it as I was getting notifications on threads I had never posted in or even looked at.

mikestilly

imported post

fozzy71 wrote:
Whenever you make a post there is a checkbox that says [x] notify me by email when replies are posted to this topic. Uncheck that box when posting. Most other forum software you can enable/disable that in your settings once, instead of having to uncheck it every time you post.

Mine has been unchecked for a very long time. Still receiving 1000s of spam emails from jpierce!!! These are also coming from threads I've never seen!

Savage.Detroit

imported post

Top Right hit "My Account"
Then hit "Preferences" button above the forum title bar
To the right of "Miscellaneous:" uncheck the first box for "Always notify by e-mail when replies posted to topics you participated in"
Click "save" button

autosurgeon

imported post

Guys I know I have checked all settings and I have nothing checked except that I want notifications of PM's

This just started one day with no warning.. shoot I hadn't changed any settings since I made my account.

mikestilly

imported post

Matter of fact I've checked my account settings and IT"S NOT EVEN COMING IN ON MY REGISTERED EMAIL ADDRESS. I've been in contact with John on my personal email account and thats where the spams are being sent!

mikestilly

imported post

Venator wrote:
This happened to me last week.  I PM John about it and it stopped.  I suggest you all do the same.  I suspect it's a glitch.

I've tried to contact him several times including PM on here and no response an over a week of spam 1000s of emails! This is not acceptable.

Frank Bernz

Banned
imported post

Savage.Detroit wrote:
Top Right hit "My Account"
Then hit "Preferences" button above the forum title bar
To the right of "Miscellaneous:" uncheck the first box for "Always notify by e-mail when replies posted to topics you participated in"
Click "save" button
This is only way I think to get notifies for posts. This is how i get mine. When I register. Maybe there is another way. I do not know.

lil_freak_66

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
fozzy71 wrote:

Mine has been unchecked for a very long time. Still receiving 1000s of spam emails from jpierce!!! These are also coming from threads I've never seen!
mine is unchecked,it worked for about 2 hours.

on average i recieve 900 emails a month from OCDO.(i currently have about 13,000 unread messages in inbox)

mike you just reminded me,i can make that an address which is spam,saving my inbox!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

This has not happened to me at all nor to anyone I've talked to locally.

Looks like some are having either "feast or famine" re notifications.

Yata hey

American Boy With a Gun

Michigun

imported post

I wonder if it would be possible to use the "forgot password" feature of the forum to access all the accounts that are set to spam your email. I'm not sure it will work but its worth a try.

logout
click login
click forgot password
enter your email address.

you should now get an email allowing you to change the password on your account.
if there is multiple accounts you should see the account names in the links.
If this works you should be able to change the password on the spam account(s) and login to that account and kill the subscribed threads.