• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FNG

USMC1911

imported post

I have been lurking for a few months and decided to join in on the fun after a great OC yesterday while outgarage selling. Older gentleman asks what caliber I was carrying and thanked me for my service (USMC hat on). He thought I needed a permit and I told him the this a right to open carry state. I offered him the Wa. St. pamphlet and bid him farewell. This is a great site and full of good info.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

USMC1911 wrote:
I have been lurking for a few months and decided to join in on the fun after a great OC yesterday while outgarage selling. Older gentleman asks what caliber I was carrying and thanked me for my service (USMC hat on). He thought I needed a permit and I told him the this a right to open carry state. I offered him the Wa. St. pamphlet and bid him farewell. This is a great site and full of good info.

Welcome and thank you.

It is exhilirating and eye opening.

69Charger

imported post

Welcome here Marine. :)

tat004.jpg

Aryk45XD

imported post

Welcome. Glad to have you with us. You're right, the people on this forum are, for the most part, great people with lots of info to share.

69Charger

imported post

Yea I guess that 1911USMC thing kind of tipped me off. :)
Sorry bout dat hat thang. :cool:
Dave

amzbrady

imported post

USMC1911 wrote:
Many people go through life wondering if they have made a difference, United States Marines do not have that problem ! Pres. R. Regan 1985
Welcome and I thank you, and all that have served, for my freedom.

USMC1911

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
Did Regan serve in the Marines? Otherwise I'm not sure why he singled them out, as oppose to the entire service.

Sir, No disrespect applied nor intended. Pres. R. Regan was enamored with "His" Marines ! He used us on several occasion's. That is why United States Marines are call, "The Presidents Own". He needs no authority from congress to use us in any way he deems necessary.

R/S

E6TLS8654

Aaron1124

imported post

USMC1911 wrote:
Aaron1124 wrote:
Did Regan serve in the Marines? Otherwise I'm not sure why he singled them out, as oppose to the entire service.

Sir, No disrespect applied nor intended. Pres. R. Regan was enamored with "His" Marines ! He used us on several occasion's. That is why United States Marines are call, "The Presidents Own". He needs no authority from congress to use us in any way he deems necessary.

R/S

E6TLS8654
That's interesting. No disrespect taken. I learned something new.

USMC1911

imported post

Tomas wrote:
Again no disrespect, but the rest of us bled just as red and died just as dead in war...

Sir I totaly agree with your statement, I was just pointing out that Pres. Regan "liked" his Marines, and in fact, thatwas a statement he made in 1985.

R/S

E6TLS8654

amzbrady

imported post

Speaking of no disrespect and since this has taken a military tone, and I do not expect to get an answer from anyone who is still inlisted, just because, but I have a question. Since I was rejected from being able to serve this wonderful country because of my eyesight, I can not answer this.

I was just wondering as I think back to the Katrina times when guns were being confiscated. If we were to have a major couple state catastrophy where our military was called in to keep order and cerfews were set and ordered to confiscate guns from citizens, "would you as an enlisted soldier, do it"? If you do than you go against our constitution, if you dont then you are in violation of a direct order and subject to a courtmarshell. I know this is a crappy question, but it is a real life scenerio, we saw if happen, and could very well happen again.

On the other side, What if you were protecting your home, and soldiers came and wanted to confiscate your weapons? What would you do? Everyone who was told to give up their weapons, did so. No one fired a shot in defending their right to be armed at all times.

Again I hope I did not disrespect anyone, I was just wondering?

j2l3

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
I was just wondering as I think back to the Katrina times when guns were being confiscated. If we were to have a major couple state catastrophy where our military was called in to keep order and cerfews were set and ordered to confiscate guns from citizens, "would you as an enlisted soldier, do it"? If you do than you go against our constitution, if you dont then you are in violation of a direct order and subject to a courtmarshell. I know this is a crappy question, but it is a real life scenerio, we saw if happen, and could very well happen again.
Military people are not required to follow unlawful orders. In fact, following orders is not a defense if the order was not lawful.