• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Starbucks, Trop & Decatur

Nevada carrier

imported post

So after grabbing a few things at Walgreen's, they seem indifferent to OC at Walgreen's Trop & Decatur BTW, I decided to support starbucks for being OC friendly by having a cup of coffee this morning. So I walk in, no one panics, stand in line, no one whispers behind me, order, no one stares at my piece.. and walk outside and sit in the outdoor seeting to have a cigarette with my coffee on a very nice day.

As I'm putting out my cigarette an older gentlemen comes to me and says, "I'm a retired NYC police officer and we were just wondering over here, are you allowed to carry your pistol on your hip like that?" I said "Absolutely, yes." He then asks "So you have a permit then?" To this I replied, "There is no permit required to openly carry a firearm in Nevada, only for concealed carry." He asks me "so are you an off duty police officer or in the military?" I just said, "I'm I private citizen." He then turns to his buddy and says "I told you! now pay me my $20." As I was about to laugh my ass off he then says, "this is why I left New York!"

Spreading the word one person at a time, in this case at the misfortune of a bet someone shouldn't have made; or should have I cant rationalize which makes more sense.

sslade6751

imported post

I also read on another forum that starbucks keeps getting requests from the bradybunch to adopt a no firearm policy and put up no gun signs. I am glad they dont thats why I go there for my java fix if they ever started blocking firearms I would find somewhere else to go

PavePusher

imported post

Nevada carrier wrote:
So after grabbing a few things at Walgreen's, they seem indifferent to OC at Walgreen's Trop & Decatur BTW, I decided to support starbucks for being OC friendly by having a cup of coffee this morning. So I walk in, no one panics, stand in line, no one whispers behind me, order, no one stares at my piece.. and walk outside and sit in the outdoor seeting to have a cigarette with my coffee on a very nice day.

As I'm putting out my cigarette an older gentlemen comes to me and says, "I'm a retired NYC police officer and we were just wondering over here, are you allowed to carry your pistol on your hip like that?" I said "Absolutely, yes." He then asks "So you have a permit then?" To this I replied, "There is no permit required to openly carry a firearm in Nevada, only for concealed carry." He asks me "so are you an off duty police officer or in the military?" I just said, "I'm I private citizen." He then turns to his buddy and says "I told you! now pay me my $20." As I was about to laugh my ass off he then says, "this is why I left New York!"

Spreading the word one person at a time, in this case at the misfortune of a bet someone shouldn't have made; or should have I cant rationalize which makes more sense.
You should have gotten a commission...!

Judge.410

imported post

On my way to a B-day party in Sparks this Afternoon.......think I'll stop by Starbucks....Pyramid and McCarren.....Thanks for the story

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

sslade6751 wrote:
I also read on another forum that starbucks keeps getting requests from the bradybunch to adopt a no firearm policy and put up no gun signs. I am glad they dont thats why I go there for my java fix if they ever started blocking firearms I would find somewhere else to go
Yesterday's news.

Hope the Bradyists keep it up - they are they're own worst enemy.

Yata hey