Thread: Happy Mother's Day and some thing firearm related

Post imported post

I thought I would wish all the other mother's out there a Happy Mothers Day. I am not sure if someone posted this already.

Back to firearm topics...I just got back from the range. Shooting my Beretta .22LR conversion kit. Before I purchased my conversion kit there was a person on another forum that was saying Beretta conversion kits suck. I must have lucked out and got one of the good ones I guess:what:.

One little side note about people expressing when a firearm is a good shooter or not. Remember people that it is quite possible that the reason the firearm is a crappy shooter is not the result of a crappy firearm, it might be a crappy operator.

I have had a number of people tell me that a S&W Sigma 9mm is a crappy handgun because it does not always cycle. One of the interesting things about the Sigma and its cycling issues is that if you have a limp wrist or are prone to limp-wristing you are going to have that issue. Limp-wrister of the world, do not purchase a Sigma, save it for those of us who can keep a good grip on our sidearm--I am done complaining about random things(I own a Sigma and have no cycling issues..heavy trigger though)

I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

[no reference to THAT Kyle Huff...], Washington, USA

Post imported post

+1 - but also regarding "a crappy shooter is not the result of a crappy firearm", I think it is important to note a third variable - it may not be the right firearm for everyone. Sometimes a shooters ability can be inhibited by trivial things such as your confidence in the weapon - but more-so, is it the right fit for your hand, stance, arm-length et cetera..

Just curious RE: 22LR Conversion - is this for your 92?

With the price of primers+powder, I have been thinking about picking up a .22LR conversion for each of my firearms - but most specifically the AR-15 and 90-two.

Post imported post

Yea, it is a conversion kit for a 92FS. I like it a lot. I have a "D" spring (lighter strike, lighter trigger) in my Beretta so I get "failure to fire" about 5% of the time. If I changed the spring back to a factory spring I would not have that issue.

Confidence in the firearm is important. FWIU it would be cheaper to just get a dedicated AR-.22 than a conversion kit and more reliability. I like the cconversion kit because it is exactly the same setup as my 92FS, I get to shoot way more with the same gun in my hand. I live with my 92FS next to me though--with the exception of when I am on campus
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

LOL....I found your use of "limp wristed" over and over again amusing.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)