• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Happy Mother's Day and some thing firearm related

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

I thought I would wish all the other mother's out there a Happy Mothers Day. I am not sure if someone posted this already.

Back to firearm topics...I just got back from the range. Shooting my Beretta .22LR conversion kit. Before I purchased my conversion kit there was a person on another forum that was saying Beretta conversion kits suck. I must have lucked out and got one of the good ones I guess:what:.

One little side note about people expressing when a firearm is a good shooter or not. Remember people that it is quite possible that the reason the firearm is a crappy shooter is not the result of a crappy firearm, it might be a crappy operator.

I have had a number of people tell me that a S&W Sigma 9mm is a crappy handgun because it does not always cycle. One of the interesting things about the Sigma and its cycling issues is that if you have a limp wrist or are prone to limp-wristing you are going to have that issue. Limp-wrister of the world, do not purchase a Sigma, save it for those of us who can keep a good grip on our sidearm--I am done complaining about random things:lol:(I own a Sigma and have no cycling issues..heavy trigger though)

DSCI0259.jpg

DSCI0260.jpg

DSCI0262.jpg

kyle.huff

[no reference to THAT Kyle Huff...], Washington, U
imported post

+1 - but also regarding "a crappy shooter is not the result of a crappy firearm", I think it is important to note a third variable - it may not be the right firearm for everyone. Sometimes a shooters ability can be inhibited by trivial things such as your confidence in the weapon - but more-so, is it the right fit for your hand, stance, arm-length et cetera..

Just curious RE: 22LR Conversion - is this for your 92?

With the price of primers+powder, I have been thinking about picking up a .22LR conversion for each of my firearms - but most specifically the AR-15 and 90-two.

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

Yea, it is a conversion kit for a 92FS. I like it a lot. I have a "D" spring (lighter strike, lighter trigger) in my Beretta so I get "failure to fire" about 5% of the time. If I changed the spring back to a factory spring I would not have that issue.

Confidence in the firearm is important. FWIU it would be cheaper to just get a dedicated AR-.22 than a conversion kit and more reliability. I like the cconversion kit because it is exactly the same setup as my 92FS, I get to shoot way more with the same gun in my hand. I live with my 92FS next to me though--with the exception of when I am on campus:banghead: