Thread: Trouble posting photos

Post imported post

I can't post any pictures anymore. Now I can't post pic's that I have posted before. I click on new topic, enter subject, description,message, click on browse, get a photo, open it, and when I preview the post, I'm told that my photo exceeds 100000 bytes. It didn't ever do that.......................HELP.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

The file size of the photo you are trying to upload is too big, it exceeds the limit that is apparently set on the server. Try to re-size the photo in a photo edit program.

If you are not familiar with graphic design or layout programs, like Photoshop or Paintshop Pro, Windows has a "Paint" program that will facilitate this procedure.

First, "open" up "Paint" program, once open go up to the top left corner and click "file".

Then click "open", select the file you wish to edit. Once the file you want to edit is open and pulled up in the "Paint" program, then go back up to the menu in Paint program and click "Image", then click "Resize/Skew". This will bring up a box that will allow you to set the photo size by adjusting the "percentages" of the file size.

Once you have re-sized the file to a smaller size, make sure you "save" your changes, exit the program, then try to re-upload the file.

Maybe you know this already, just trying to help those not so computer savvy. No disrespect.

Thanks. Oh, I just realized I might have too much time on my hands.

Check this link. http://www.jerrylabella.com/paint_how_to.htm

Post imported post

Either resize them or use photobucket. If you use photobucket they will be posted up in a size that can be viewed. If you upload them onto this forum. They will be thumbnails that you have to click to view.

Photobucket
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

Post imported post

not that long ago you could upload Larger images, but just recently it was changed by the Mod or the OCDO web guy. I know because I used to post bigger pics here, now I can't either.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

I am glad they limited it, was annoying to have to scroll sideways to read posts in that thread.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

I hear ya, but for people that aren't very PC savvy, it does get frustrating. Thanks to Go Go Dawgs and a couple of others ( I PM'd them ) and my son, I think I got the problem solved. You'd think that with all this modern stuff, you could just hit a button and your pictures would just pop up! Well, you guys have to bear the brunt of us (me) not-so-savvy people. I CAN teach you how to weld and work with leather. Is there hope???

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Squeak wrote:
    I hear ya, but for people that aren't very PC savvy, it does get frustrating. Thanks to Go Go Dawgs and a couple of others ( I PM'd them ) and my son, I think I got the problem solved. You'd think that with all this modern stuff, you could just hit a button and your pictures would just pop up! Well, you guys have to bear the brunt of us (me) not-so-savvy people. I CAN teach you how to weld and work with leather. Is there hope???
    Yea I had to get the same help I think it was M1gunr and Heresolong.

I am not the most comp savy person either, but can teach ya how to build a house.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

I did have the same problem.The file size of the photo you are trying to upload is too big, it exceeds the limit that is apparently set on the server. Try to re-size the photo in a photo edit program.

———————————————— —————————
    Desperate Housewives DVD boxset
    Entourage DVD boxset
    Gilmore Girls DVD boxset
    Grey's Anatomy DVD boxset

Post imported post

You can also use http://www.imageshack.us if Photobucket isn't your thing.

I use it to save OCDO.ORG some bandwidth costs.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.