• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Trouble posting photos

Squeak

imported post

I can't post any pictures anymore. Now I can't post pic's that I have posted before. I click on new topic, enter subject, description,message, click on browse, get a photo, open it, and when I preview the post, I'm told that my photo exceeds 100000 bytes. It didn't ever do that.......................HELP.

dchoepp

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The file size of the photo you are trying to upload is too big, it exceeds the limit that is apparently set on the server. Try to re-size the photo in a photo edit program.

If you are not familiar with graphic design or layout programs, like Photoshop or Paintshop Pro, Windows has a "Paint" program that will facilitate this procedure.

First, "open" up "Paint" program, once open go up to the top left corner and click "file".

Then click "open", select the file you wish to edit. Once the file you want to edit is open and pulled up in the "Paint" program, then go back up to the menu in Paint program and click "Image", then click "Resize/Skew". This will bring up a box that will allow you to set the photo size by adjusting the "percentages" of the file size.

Once you have re-sized the file to a smaller size, make sure you "save" your changes, exit the program, then try to re-upload the file.

Maybe you know this already, just trying to help those not so computer savvy. No disrespect.

Thanks. Oh, I just realized I might have too much time on my hands. :)

Check this link. http://www.jerrylabella.com/paint_how_to.htm

Sabotage70

imported post

Either resize them or use photobucket. If you use photobucket they will be posted up in a size that can be viewed. If you upload them onto this forum. They will be thumbnails that you have to click to view.

Photobucket
IMG_0316.jpg

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

not that long ago you could upload Larger images, but just recently it was changed by the Mod or the OCDO web guy. I know because I used to post bigger pics here, now I can't either.

Squeak

imported post

I hear ya, but for people that aren't very PC savvy, it does get frustrating. Thanks to Go Go Dawgs and a couple of others ( I PM'd them ) and my son, I think I got the problem solved. You'd think that with all this modern stuff, you could just hit a button and your pictures would just pop up! Well, you guys have to bear the brunt of us (me) not-so-savvy people. I CAN teach you how to weld and work with leather. Is there hope??? :lol:

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Squeak wrote:
I hear ya, but for people that aren't very PC savvy, it does get frustrating. Thanks to Go Go Dawgs and a couple of others ( I PM'd them ) and my son, I think I got the problem solved. You'd think that with all this modern stuff, you could just hit a button and your pictures would just pop up! Well, you guys have to bear the brunt of us (me) not-so-savvy people. I CAN teach you how to weld and work with leather. Is there hope??? :lol:

Yea I had to get the same help I think it was M1gunr and Heresolong.

I am not the most comp savy person either, but can teach ya how to build a house.