Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Downtown Hoedown

Post imported post

Will be going to the Downtown Hoedown On Friday May 14, 2010. We will be meeting up in front of the main entrance off Jefferson at 7pm. As alcohol is served inside the fenced area, a CPL is required to carry.

Confirmed attendance,

Sprinklerguy28
    Scot623
    MikeStilly

Post imported post

Not sure how it is this year, but a few years ago I went and there was signs at the entrance that said NO WEAPONS.

Post imported post

It's at a public park. Attempts to meet with the Chief of Police and Mayor have gone unanswered. This is why we are going there.

Post imported post

It will be recorded for all to see ..

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

hrmmmm...even though I don't much care for country music, I may go with you guys.

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:

hrmmmm...even though I don't much care for country music, I may go with you guys.

Yeah, that's not cool.

Post imported post

sevenplusone wrote:
    dougwg wrote:

Yeah, that's not cool.
    Plus illegel, if its in the open with CPL!!! (alcohol)

God Bless
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Post imported post

I can't make it Friday. If you happen to move it to Saturday then I will join in.

Post imported post

Saturday is the Warren Picnic

Post imported post

Good luck guys, wish I could go. You all know as well as I do that they're going to try and enforce 'special rules' for this, and though you said you'd be recording, we all know how anti-OC DPD is, so just expect confrontation. Have your lawyers on speed dial, etc. Hope to see you all at the Warren picnic

Btw, it might be a good idea to have ready paperwork with relevant laws, etc. specific to this event highlighted and in your pockets. A little bit of planning ahead could save a lot of trouble in the future.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

I am happy to see this happening sprinkler, I wish I could join you guys!
    United we STAND!

Post imported post

Question for all involved. I know Hart plaza is leased by a production company for the hoedown, the city does not put it on or produce it or have anything to do with it other than renting the facility and placing extra PD for the crowd. So wouldn't that put it under pvt property rights since they are technically renting the facility?
    I wish yall good luck but don't wanna see anyone get hemmed up.

Post imported post

firespec35 wrote:
    Question for all involved. I know Hart plaza is leased by a production company for the hoedown, the city does not put it on or produce it or have anything to do with it other than renting the facility and placing extra PD for the crowd. So wouldn't that put it under pvt property rights since they are technically renting the facility?
    I wish yall good luck but don't wanna see anyone get hemmed up.
    I am wondering this as well... if they lease it then it could very well fall under private property rules...

Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

as much as i LOVE country...i doubt i can do friday,the durand event is saturday...
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Post imported post

Can you rent a public place? Is this even possible? This may be a question for the Legal Beagle?
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

Wait for Sprinklerguy to respond. He knows exactly how it works. From what I see it's public property and they only have a permit to sell alcohol in the specific fenced off portion of Heart Plaza. It's a public park, not private property.

Post imported post

i am considering going, but perhaps i will choose not to carry a pistol and will bring a video camera instead.

I can't spend the weekend in jail, i have to work on saturday.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

Post imported post

The problem you will run into is the entire park is fenced off with pvt security searching bags ect. And why couldn't you rent a park with enough money you essentially do that when you rent a pavillion. I hope I'm wrong but I would definately hit up a lawyer with it first.

Post imported post

lapeer20m wrote:
    i am considering going, but perhaps i will choose not to carry a pistol and will bring a video camera instead.*

I can't spend the weekend in jail, i have to work on saturday.*
    Trust me I'm not going to jail either. I will leave before it gets that bad. I was going to be bringing my video camera.

Post imported post

firespec35 wrote:
    The problem you will run into is the entire park is fenced off with pvt security searching bags ect. And why couldn't you rent a park with enough money you essentially do that when you rent a pavillion. I hope I'm wrong but I would definately hit up a lawyer with it first.
    Where your statement is wrong is this company is not "Renting the park" they only have a permit to sell alcohol. I already explained that in the post above.

Post imported post

That's not exactly true.I'm pretty sure All the vendors rent space from the production company,they have to rent the stages, pay for all the generators and hookups for electrical, pay for security,and all the miscellaneous things that go with running a festival. It goes way beyond the temp liquor license they have to have.
    I'm telling you, I hope I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure this is a bad tree to bark up.

Post imported post

mikestilly wrote:
    lapeer20m wrote:
    i am considering going, but perhaps i will choose not to carry a pistol and will bring a video camera instead.

I can't spend the weekend in jail, i have to work on saturday.
    Trust me I'm not going to jail either. I will leave before it gets that bad. I was going to be bringing my video camera.
    You better not. We got a Warren picnic to attend the next day. :celebrate

Post imported post

So i can cc there right? even if it says no weapons?
    In a situation when seconds count-The police will be there in minutes.

Post imported post

Good luck getting in.Last year There was security at each entrance wanding people

Post imported post

They have a written agreement that the park(Hart Plaza) is to remain open and accessible to the public and that all local and state laws are to be followed.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast