• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Downtown Hoedown

firespec35

imported post

That's not exactly true.I'm pretty sure All the vendors rent space from the production company,they have to rent the stages, pay for all the generators and hookups for electrical, pay for security,and all the miscellaneous things that go with running a festival. It goes way beyond the temp liquor license they have to have.
I'm telling you, I hope I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure this is a bad tree to bark up.

malignity

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
lapeer20m wrote:
i am considering going, but perhaps i will choose not to carry a pistol and will bring a video camera instead.

I can't spend the weekend in jail, i have to work on saturday.

Trust me I'm not going to jail either. I will leave before it gets that bad. I was going to be bringing my video camera.
You better not. We got a Warren picnic to attend the next day. :celebrate

sprinklerguy28

imported post

They have a written agreement that the park(Hart Plaza) is to remain open and accessible to the public and that all local and state laws are to be followed.

firespec35

imported post

But if they have a rental agreement, even if part of the agreement is to keep the park open to all, don't they have the right to set the terms of entry into the park and not violate any laws since they have private property rights

mikestilly

imported post

firespec35 wrote:
But if they have a rental agreement, even if part of the agreement is to keep the park open to all, don't they have the right to set the terms of entry into the park and not violate any laws since they have private property rights

If the rental agreement doesnt state that then they dont. Especially if it specifically states they have to follow state law which include state law regarding firearms.

autosurgeon

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
firespec35 wrote:

If the rental agreement doesnt state that then they dont. Especially if it specifically states they have to follow state law which include state law regarding firearms.
This is true.

northofnowhere

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Perhaps the location of the Warren picnic could be moved to whatever jail the members form the Hoedown ended up at, lol.

I would, however, urge to make strong attempts at contacting the city attorney ahead of time. Could go a long way to ensuring you and others do not end up in jail, even if it would be illegal to arrest you, as we all know.

mikestilly

imported post

northofnowhere wrote:
Perhaps the location of the Warren picnic could be moved to whatever jail the members form the Hoedown ended up at, lol.

I would, however, urge to make strong attempts at contacting the city attorney ahead of time.  Could go a long way to ensuring you and others do not end up in jail, even if it would be illegal to arrest you, as we all know.

Already been done. Speak with Sprinkler. Nobody will be in jail because we will be law abiding.

mikestilly

imported post

firespec35 wrote:
That's not exactly true.I'm pretty sure All the vendors rent space from the production company,they have to rent the stages, pay for all the generators and hookups for electrical, pay for security,and all the miscellaneous things that go with running a festival. It goes way beyond the temp liquor license they have to have.
I'm telling you, I hope I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure this is a bad tree to bark up.

Gotta love the forum arm chair quarterbacks. The rental agreement is public information. Why dont you look it up for yourself instead of jumping to conclusions.

firespec35

imported post

Ya know I love the rudeness. I was trying to be polite. I never called you a name yet I get called a forum arm cair quarterback. You never know whose on the other side of your screen. I was trying to suggest that maybe this isn't the best venue to attempt this which is at best a grey area. Go for it all you're going to do is make the movement look like crap when all the news stations cover the problems you're going to have. Way to advance the cause bro. You're going to raise a stink to carry around 150000+ drunks Can't wait to see it on the news and the public comments after. I thought the point was to normalize it, not look like a bunch of whackos trying to force their way in to a festival. Much less dealing with an adversarial police force (wether its wrong or not) you're going to really make some headway in the hearts and minds of the public

autosurgeon

imported post

firespec35 wrote:
Ya know I love the rudeness. I was trying to be polite. I never called you a name yet I get called a forum arm cair quarterback. You never know whose on the other side of your screen. I was trying to suggest that maybe this isn't the best venue to attempt this which is at best a grey area. Go for it all you're going to do is make the movement look like crap when all the news stations cover the problems you're going to have. Way to advance the cause bro. You're going to raise a stink to carry around 150000+ drunks Can't wait to see it on the news and the public comments after. I thought the point was to normalize it, not look like a bunch of whackos trying to force their way in to a festival. Much less dealing with an adversarial police force (wether its wrong or not) you're going to really make some headway in the hearts and minds of the public
Easy does it! We have heard this before...

firespec35

imported post

No this is crap I try to be nice and I get called a forum armchair quarterback. I'm not the one who keeps saying that they saw the agreement, its not going to affect me either way but I'm calling sprinklerguy out. You got the agreement, link to it, post it, something. You cite it post it.

firespec35

imported post

Ok that's a generic contract that is used. Not everyone fills one of those out because I know access to Hart plaza is limited during DEMF(technofest) as it is a ticketed event and no ticket/ no access to hart plaza and with the size of the hoedown I'm very sure the city writes a custom contract for them too. So if that's the basis of your research I will caution you again. Does anyone have the completed contract for the hoedown 2010?

malignity

imported post

To be honest, I think the term arm-chair quarterback is hilarious. I've never heard that term before. I wish people would invent cool insults when they insult me, instead, they just seem to swear at me a lot, or simply just whine and up and quit the forum because of me..

Back on topic though, again, I encourage everyone to become EXTREMELY prepared for this, because I can almost guarantee you'll meet resistance.

Bring every argument in the book, cause you'll need it.

Good luck guys. :) We need a Michigan OCDO Twitter or something so we can get a play by play. LOL