• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Downtown Hoedown

sprinklerguy28

imported post

Will be going to the Downtown Hoedown On Friday May 14, 2010. We will be meeting up in front of the main entrance off Jefferson at 7pm. As alcohol is served inside the fenced area, a CPL is required to carry.

Confirmed attendance,

Sprinklerguy28
Scot623
MikeStilly

sprinklerguy28

imported post

It's at a public park. Attempts to meet with the Chief of Police and Mayor have gone unanswered. This is why we are going there.

malignity

imported post

Good luck guys, wish I could go. You all know as well as I do that they're going to try and enforce 'special rules' for this, and though you said you'd be recording, we all know how anti-OC DPD is, so just expect confrontation. Have your lawyers on speed dial, etc. Hope to see you all at the Warren picnic :)

Btw, it might be a good idea to have ready paperwork with relevant laws, etc. specific to this event highlighted and in your pockets. A little bit of planning ahead could save a lot of trouble in the future.

firespec35

imported post

Question for all involved. I know Hart plaza is leased by a production company for the hoedown, the city does not put it on or produce it or have anything to do with it other than renting the facility and placing extra PD for the crowd. So wouldn't that put it under pvt property rights since they are technically renting the facility?
I wish yall good luck but don't wanna see anyone get hemmed up.

autosurgeon

imported post

firespec35 wrote:
Question for all involved. I know Hart plaza is leased by a production company for the hoedown, the city does not put it on or produce it or have anything to do with it other than renting the facility and placing extra PD for the crowd. So wouldn't that put it under pvt property rights since they are technically renting the facility?
I wish yall good luck but don't wanna see anyone get hemmed up.
I am wondering this as well... if they lease it then it could very well fall under private property rules...

mikestilly

imported post

Wait for Sprinklerguy to respond. He knows exactly how it works. From what I see it's public property and they only have a permit to sell alcohol in the specific fenced off portion of Heart Plaza. It's a public park, not private property.

firespec35

imported post

The problem you will run into is the entire park is fenced off with pvt security searching bags ect. And why couldn't you rent a park with enough money you essentially do that when you rent a pavillion. I hope I'm wrong but I would definately hit up a lawyer with it first.

mikestilly

imported post

lapeer20m wrote:
i am considering going, but perhaps i will choose not to carry a pistol and will bring a video camera instead. 

I can't spend the weekend in jail, i have to work on saturday. 

Trust me I'm not going to jail either. I will leave before it gets that bad. I was going to be bringing my video camera.

mikestilly

imported post

firespec35 wrote:
The problem you will run into is the entire park is fenced off with pvt security searching bags ect. And why couldn't you rent a park with enough money you essentially do that when you rent a pavillion. I hope I'm wrong but I would definately hit up a lawyer with it first.

Where your statement is wrong is this company is not "Renting the park" they only have a permit to sell alcohol. I already explained that in the post above.