• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carried at Cane Run Rd. Wally World, Louisville

FireForEffectK

imported post

Hello Folks, I am new to the forum.

:)Today was my first official "Open Carry" day. Myself and the Fam took a trip to Walmart on Cane Run Rd here in Louisville today. Nooooo issues, gripes, or complaints. My kids didn't know I was carrying until after we were well into our stroll inside the store. "Dad, Dad, I can see your gun." I calmed them and told them again that it is legal. My wife:cool: on the other hand was well aware and supportive. During our stroll, I did hear a little girl tell her mother that I "had a gun". Everything else I didn't notice, my wife noticed and gave me a complete run down when we got into the car. The stares came when I wasn't looking and when I was scanning the area, no eyes were locked on me. The Walmart employees were very cool. No questions were asked and they treated me and the Fam like a "normal" shoppers. There was an employee that did a double take:what: on me and followed us to the next aisle, but nothing was said. Other than that, my/our overall experience was wonderful. :D I was hoping I would see someone else exercising their right to open carry but I didn't spot anyone.

Thank you all for your encouraging experiences with open carry. It took some working up to go as far as I did today. It was very liberating, like conceal carrying for the first time. If you haven't, I highly encourage you to take that step and go for it!

Next move is for my wife and I to open carry together. ;)

Glock 19
Bersa Thunder Compact .45

neuroblades

imported post

Kudos on your first OC experience. :) That's how they should go, and most do. :) i look forward to hear of more adventures in the future. :)