• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My First Open Carry Monday10th!

GlockFanatic943

imported post

First open carry in a mall! i already open carry everywhere else..

Going to the mac store (in the mall) to get my laptop fixed and i figured why not open carry and see how it goes. Of course i will be Video/Audio recording the whole thing.

-No school within 1000ft anywhere in the mall
-No signs posted firearms not aloud that i can see
-Pamphlets read to be handed out if need be

Hope it goes well and i will post up results Monday evening.

heliopolissolutions

imported post

Sierra Vista or Fashion Fair?
I'm guessing Fashion Fair...lol Sierra Vista doesn't have a Mac store.
At first I thought you meant the Mac store like the makeup place...that'd liven things up a bit.
I'll probably be back in Fresno this weekend if you want to meetup for a bit.

GlockFanatic943

imported post

Yea it was Fashion Fair i went to.

So today went good no issues.. lots of security around but none of them even noticed. I didn't expect it to go so well, but i learn something new every day!

heliopolissolutions

imported post

Truly though, the central valley doesn't make anything even resembling the big deal that more urban communities do out of OC.
In fact, I'd be willing to guess that there are more vocal or concerned naysayers within the gun community of Fresno itself than you might find in a typical cross section of central valley citizens.

GlockFanatic943

imported post

heliopolissolutions wrote:
Truly though, the central valley doesn't make anything even resembling the big deal that more urban communities do out of OC.
In fact, I'd be willing to guess that there are more vocal or concerned naysayers within the gun community of Fresno itself than you might find in a typical cross section of central valley citizens.

I would have to disagree, Fresno being the meth capitol of the world and the fact there are shootings ALL the time. Fresno is the ideal spot to practice open carry. Now clovis is a different story, but i still UOC.

dirtykoala

imported post

Deathwing_Kingstar wrote:
thats good you got a chance to open carry in a mall, i haven't been able to find a mall that is out of the 1000ft zone of schools in san jose.
valley fair im pretty sure. i have open carried there, with no problems, another uocer was asked to leave by security perwest fieldpolicy. its not posted anywhere that i saw though. the security guard told the uocer something along the lines of they wished they didnt have to ask them to leave, but a customer complained, so they had to enforce the rules.

heliopolissolutions

imported post

GlockFanatic943 wrote:
heliopolissolutions wrote:

I would have to disagree, Fresno being the meth capitol of the world and the fact there are shootings ALL the time. Fresno is the ideal spot to practice open carry. Now clovis is a different story, but i still UOC.

I concur. *points to stab wound*

Iopencarry wrote:
Fresno is an almost 'shall issue' ccw county. The sheriff there will issue to just about anyone. 

Well, she certainly has her head on a whooole lot straighter than some sheriffs.