• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Really?

SavageOne

imported post

This is directed to the two debaters and their facilitator. You really thought that having your own private debate on a General Discussion forum was a good idea? You didn't think you might come across as a little self-important? What, you think it should be private because the rest of the forum members might muddy the waters with their uninformed views. You realize you could have PM each other, you could have e-mailed each other, hell you could have phoned one another. Did youfeel it would be wrong to have such an insightful debate where others could not learn and be inspired by your bright and thought provoking back and forth(as long as they don't chime in)? Did I mention this the General Discussion area of a "forum". So I must ask once more... Really?

1245A Defender

imported post

REALLY??? if you feel left out of the fun,,, there is a symultanious co-debate
being played out on this '8 yr old killed self with uzi' necropost thread closed
thread...
go there and say what you gotta say...
i kinda thought this debate idea was weird, but its a good chance to watch an ANTI
get beat to a pulp with well reasoned and articulate FACTS that prove that more guns are the answer!!
not the problem!!

Batousaii

imported post

+1 Defender and Ruger.. I thought it was an odd idea, but seams harmless enough, So Itook interest. They were polite with the request, even discussed who would be best to debate with our anti-gun position and i will watch with curiosity as the Anti (who is also being respectful btw) gets an eye opener, and hopefully realises a new view.

- I don't think any of the parties there had self righteous intent, simply, wanted to make an interesting thread for all to be entertained with, and maybe learn.

;)Bat

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I agree..you wanna debate each other do it via PM , not on the forum.They think they are special. of course I don't see the Moderator locking the thread, so I guess he is ok with that kind of STUCK UP - ANTI SOCIAL stuff.He locks threads for everything else.:? NO I DON'T FEEL LEFT OUT, WE WERE ALL TOLD TO STAY OUT !!!! WHO THE F ARE THEY, THEY DON'T OWN THIS FORUM. WE got our selves a few PRICKS on here that think they are the enlightened ones.