• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Truth or dare, from Connecticut, 'NRA Pistol Course EXPIRATION?'

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Is this relevant to Wisconsin? It's not even accurate pertaining to Connecticut. The CT Board of Firearms Permit Examiners states:

[font="Verdana,Arial,Geneva"]"There is no expiration date on NRA training certificates. CGS 29-28 states only that the applicant must successfully complete an approved course of training. The NRA site discusses the only certifications with expirations are for instructors."[/font]

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

The one thing we can agree on is that you're challenged by a narrow parochial (a bit redundant, isn't it?) view.

What is relevant is that this is a prime example of what anti-gunners do:

1) Find some false, inaccurate, or otherwise misleading information. (That the completion certificate for an NRA course has an expiration date.)
2) Don't bother to verify, correct or report it in it's full context. (The correct information was posted in the Connecticut forum, yet you omitted it.)
3) Add a spin to it and repeat it in order to further an agenda. (To disparage the NRA at every opportunity.)

SprayAndPray

imported post

10 years ago , when I lived in Connecticut, and went through the process of getting a permit, You had to have taken the class within a year, That was VERY CLEARLY stated in the instruction process, To the point that I had a friend get denied after he applied 18 months after his class........ and had to take another one.

Has this changed since then? I don't know, probably 7 years ago theysomewhat changed the process in Connecticut on how to obtain permits, it may have beendone away with then, looks like it from shotguns post.But at one point it was the truth.