• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

carrying in bath/brunswick area

cocked_and_locked

imported post

hello everyone, i got my cc permit almost a year ago, being in afgahnistan i havent been able to carry at home, when i have been homeit was always cc, my question is if anyone has any experience oc in this area. as a matter of a political statement and comfort im thinking of carrying "discreetly" meaning my gov't model 1911 on a drop leg holsterisn't going to happen. what i do plan on doing is carrying my p238, but not going to any great lengths to conceal it. any LEO problems or MWG calls?

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

cocked_and_locked wrote:
hello everyone, i got my cc permit almost a year ago, being in afgahnistan i havent been able to carry at home, when i have been homeit was always cc, my question is if anyone has any experience oc in this area. as a matter of a political statement and comfort im thinking of carrying "discreetly" meaning my gov't model 1911 on a drop leg holsterisn't going to happen. what i do plan on doing is carrying my p238, but not going to any great lengths to conceal it. any LEO problems or MWG calls?
After the bbq: no... before the bbq: yes. Thats how it is currently, by the time you get back people will be so used to seeing citizens who are armed they won't even notice!

MrJoshua

imported post

On the way home this evening I stopped by the Topsham Dairy Queen. I was still open carrying and the 20 or so people there didn't seem the least bit bothered or intimidated.

Still, I have yet to walk down Maine St. with my sidearm. That might happen soon though. Baby steps...

MrJoshua

imported post

Tested the waters at the Bath Shaws today. No complaints, no raised eyebrows... no one seemed to notice. Definitely a confidence booster.

hightecrebel

imported post

I'm looking forward to finishing my little jaunt in the land of dust storms and raining mud this fall so I can OC around that area.

Hendu024

imported post

MrJoshua wrote:
Tested the waters at the Bath Shaws today. No complaints, no raised eyebrows... no one seemed to notice. Definitely a confidence booster.
The only way to get comfortable with OC is to do it as much as possible. After a while it will just seem like second nature. Keep up the good work!

jay75009

imported post

i agree. you get very compfortable when you OC while doing absolutely everything. i OC when i walk, when i run, when i roller blade, when i take out my trash, get the mail, go to the store, stay at hotels. the more you do it the less it will worry you. and also the more you do it the more LEO's see you do it, which usually results in less problems when they see you doing it on a daily basis :)

but shane is very right, after the BBQ people are much more aware of OC. and the "he has a gun!" shreaks have completely stopped ;-)