• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Town permit question

quixand

imported post

Submitted my request approx 10 weeks ago, and last week I called the records office to ask what the status was and was informed it was "on the Chiefs desk awaiting signature."

Don't they legally have 8 weeks to get that to me? What can I do to expedite if anything?

Thanks

Rich B

imported post

mrjam2jab wrote:
shouldn't matter.  It's 8 weeks by statute. 

Of course it matters. How else can people get in contact with the police department for that town and give them the information on the relevant laws that they should already have?

mrjam2jab

imported post

Rich B wrote:
mrjam2jab wrote:
shouldn't matter. It's 8 weeks by statute.

Of course it matters. How else can people get in contact with the police department for that town and give them the information on the relevant laws that they should already have?

Gotchya. I was expecting a "X Town always takes longer..." kind of response. So sorry. :quirky

Rich B

imported post

mrjam2jab wrote:
Gotchya.   I was expecting a "X Town always takes longer..." kind of response.  So sorry.  :quirky

Nope, not from me at least. I just know that traditionally someone (Ed, I am looking at you) usually intervenes on behalf of the poster and contacts the PD and sends them the relevant documents and makes an inquiry to the cause of the delay.

quixand

imported post

Should I go in person to request my permit now?

Or what is the proper way to handle this? I don't want to "rock the boat" per say, but I'd like to get my permit.

Rich B

imported post

quixand wrote:
what is the proper way to handle this?

I am not the best with these issues, but other forum regulars will likely be by to help you. What I can offer you is some standard advice:

quixand

imported post

Based on the info found here:

http://www.ccdl.us/attachments/115_Permit_to_Carry_Time_Mandates.pdf

When the woman at the records desk told me she had the form awaiting signature on the Chiefs desk over a week ago...she essentially gave me a date to start the clock on.

Now...I'm supposed to get an approved or not approved within 7 days of them receiving the result of my background check. Correct?

So legally, I'd say I'm in the right to go to the office and request my permit or denial correct?

I have no background, as I've never had as much as a traffic incident. So there isn't any reason for denial.

Ctclassic

imported post

Ah, just swing by the P.D. and see if ChiefHoffman is in and ask if it's ready to pick up. Good to see someone else from Plainfield on here...Carry on!

gluegun

imported post

Ctclassic wrote:
Ah, just swing by the P.D. and see if Chief Hoffman is in and ask if it's ready to pick up.  Good to see someone else from Plainfield on here...Carry on!
Bring a pen if necessary. Some chiefs have trouble finding theirs. ;)

quixand

imported post

Called the FBI this morning, and the woman was most helpful.

Seems that my fingerprints were submitted on March 26th, and sent back to the DPS on the very same day.

So...

Yeah. LOL