Thread: Jackson Police Department

Post imported post

Jackson pd came to my house to check out my Michigan Pistol.Said they never had anyone try to register there mossberg as a pistol I showed him the mcl 28.421(e).He thanked me for my time and the education and said he was going back to inform his chief of the law.

Post imported post

Good job Gordon! Hopefully this will make it easier for the next guy.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

When I registered my Remington 870, Hazel Park had no idea what the hell I was talking about but after I explained it tothem they said, "if you say so, how do we do this", so I just filled out the RI-60 as the buyer and seller.

God Bless

Great police department, these guys (and gals)are normally very nice and professional, only one time have Ihad a bad experience, and that was only becauseI had a disagreement with an officer about how he was filling out a UD10.
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Post imported post

It's amazing (and sad) how clueless they can be!

Post imported post

Hmmm, came to your house. Seems a little agressive/intimidating to me to show up at someone's door steps for this. Why not to call or senda letter?

Post imported post

sasha601 wrote:
    Hmmm, came to your house. Seems a little agressive/intimidating to me to show up at someone's door steps for this. Why not to call or senda letter?
    Because the cop wanted to get a "feel" for who it was that was registering the shotgun/pistol.

Banned

Post imported post

That would be legaly irrelevent. And also probably how the confiscations will start. Usually follows registration.

Post imported post

Oh they know who Gordon is... I don't think that many people register these...
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

If they are there for THEIR education, tell them you would be glad to show them if they are willing to pay the current consultation fee of $$$$ !!!:what:

If they are coming to us....let them pay!:celebrate

Post imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
    If they are there for THEIR education, tell them you would be glad to show them if they are willing to pay the current consultation fee of $$$$ !!!:what:

Hey I like the way you think :celebrate

Post imported post

WARCHILD wrote:

$250 per minute with a two minute minimum.

Post imported post

If a mossy is registered as a pistol, and I swap the HD barrel for a deer barrel, I'd be able to hunt with it, right? I plan on registering my mossy once I get it. Sorry if this is a hijack of a thread, I don't intend for it to be, since it's semi-related.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

you can hunt with handguns in MI if i remember correctly.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Post imported post

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/dn...3_204859_7.pdf

A conventional (smokeless powder) handgun must be .35 caliber or larger

and loaded with straight-walled cartridges and may be single- or multipleshot

but cannot exceed a maximum capacity of nine rounds in the barrel and

magazine combined.

Post imported post

malignity wrote:
    If a mossy is registered as a pistol, and I swap the HD barrel for a deer barrel, I'd be able to hunt with it, right? I plan on registering my mossy once I get it. Sorry if this is a hijack of a thread, I don't intend for it to be, since it's semi-related.
    If you have it registered as a pistol as soon as it no longer fits the requirements to be a pistol it cannot be carried as one. However that said as soon as it again fits the requirements of a pistol it can again be carried as one.

Therefor YES you can add a fixed stock and deer barrel and hunt with it however during that time you would have to carry it in accordance with all laws and regulations governing long guns.