• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jackson Police Department

cabman1

imported post

Jackson pd came to my house to check out my Michigan Pistol.Said they never had anyone try to register there mossberg as a pistol I showed him the mcl 28.421(e).He thanked me for my time and the education and said he was going back to inform his chief of the law.

eastmeyers

imported post

When I registered my Remington 870, Hazel Park had no idea what the hell I was talking about but after I explained it tothem they said, "if you say so, how do we do this", so I just filled out the RI-60 as the buyer and seller.

God Bless

Great police department, these guys (and gals)are normally very nice and professional, only one time have Ihad a bad experience, and that was only becauseI had a disagreement with an officer about how he was filling out a UD10.

ghostrider

imported post

sasha601 wrote:
Hmmm, came to your house. Seems a little agressive/intimidating to me to show up at someone's door steps for this. Why not to call or senda letter?
Because the cop wanted to get a "feel" for who it was that was registering the shotgun/pistol.

WARCHILD

imported post

If they are there for THEIR education, tell them you would be glad to show them if they are willing to pay the current consultation fee of $$$$ !!!:what:

If they are coming to us....let them pay!:celebrate

ghostrider

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
If they are there for THEIR education, tell them you would be glad to show them if they are willing to pay the current consultation fee of $$$$ !!!:what:

If they are coming to us....let them pay!:celebrate
$250 per minute with a two minute minimum.:D

malignity

imported post

If a mossy is registered as a pistol, and I swap the HD barrel for a deer barrel, I'd be able to hunt with it, right? I plan on registering my mossy once I get it. Sorry if this is a hijack of a thread, I don't intend for it to be, since it's semi-related.

craigm

autosurgeon

imported post

malignity wrote:
If a mossy is registered as a pistol, and I swap the HD barrel for a deer barrel, I'd be able to hunt with it, right? I plan on registering my mossy once I get it. Sorry if this is a hijack of a thread, I don't intend for it to be, since it's semi-related.
If you have it registered as a pistol as soon as it no longer fits the requirements to be a pistol it cannot be carried as one. However that said as soon as it again fits the requirements of a pistol it can again be carried as one.

Therefor YES you can add a fixed stock and deer barrel and hunt with it however during that time you would have to carry it in accordance with all laws and regulations governing long guns.